Tangy and sweet, Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake is a wonderful sweet treat that is so easy to prepare in the electric pressure cooker. We are in love with this rich and decadent cheesecake!
You can also try my other easy dessert recipes made in the Instant Pot, like Instant Pot Applesauce, Chocolate Lava Cakes, or Apple Cake with Rum Sauce.
Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe
HOWDY! CHEF ALLI HERE. LET’S GET YOU COOKIN’…. SHALL WE?? 🙂
I’ve been cooking in my Instant Pot for a long time now and I’m still forever thankful for how quick and easy it makes getting dinner on the table for my family.
My guys are a total bunch of carnivores so I really appreciate how fast it is to cook big hunks of meat in my Instant Pot. Big Bold Beef Carnitas come immediately to mind, as does Instant Pot Pulled Pork.
Instant Pot Sticky Chicken Thighs are tangy and quick, and if you’re a chicken gizzard fan, I hope you’ll try Instant Pot Fried Chicken Gizzards so you can see how tender they can be when you cook them under pressure – to die for!
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT INSTANT POT KEY LIME CHEESECAKE
- This is the fastest way to make cheesecake….as in ever. You won’t believe it until you try it.
- Yep, this makes a small cheesecake, but it’s super big in richness and flavor so your guests will only need a small piece.
- You can make this a day or two ahead of time and keep it store in the fridge until ready to serve.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE EASY KEY LIME CHEESECAKE
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Limes and lime juice
- Heavy whipping cream
WHICH TOOLS ARE HELPFUL FOR MAKING CHEESECAKE IN THE INSTANT POT?
Silicone Spatula Spoons – Of all the tools in my kitchen, silicone spatula spoons are what I use the most. They make stirring and sautéing a breeze and I love all the pretty silicone colors available. Silicone spatula spoons are completely heat-proof so they won’t melt, even when used over high temperatures. I like to have different sizes on hand for different kitchen tasks – soooo handy!
I like mixing bowls that nest inside of each other and have a silicone bottom so they are slip-resistant when I’m working in them. I also really appreciate what’s called “gorilla grip” handles that are on the side so they are each to hold in place when I’m mixing.
When using a 6-quart Instant Pot for making cheesecake, you’ll need a 6-inch springform pan. I also like to use a hand-held electric mixer for making the cheesecake filling, especially one that has a low-speed that you can start out with, before moving up to high.
This cheesecake recipe came from my good friend, Laura Finson, cook-extraordinaire! She, too, loves Instant Pot cooking.
More Favorite Instant Pot Recipes to Enjoy
- ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER STEEL CUT OATMEAL
- INSTANT POT CHEESY BACON EGG BITES
- HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY REFRIGERATOR JAM IN YOUR INSTANT POT
- INSTANT POT YOGURT
Printable Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake Recipe
Instant Pot Key-Lime Cheesecake
- 1 c graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbs. butter, melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbs. heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbs. key lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
- very thin slices of lime, each one cut in half
Create the Crust
- Spray a 6” springform pan with non-stick spray, setting it aside. In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter; mix well. then press this mixture firmly into the bottom of the sprayed springform pan; reserve.
Create the Cheesecake Filling
- Using an electric mixer, beat together: softened cream cheese, flour, sugar, vanilla and lime zest, scraping sides and bottom of bowl to ensure all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Add eggs one at a time and then egg yolk; beat until just combined. Mix in key lime juice and whipping cream, besting until just combined; pour over prepared crust in spring form pan. Gently tap pan on countertop a few times to remove any large air bubbles that may be in filling.
Cook the Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to the Instant Pot, then place trivet into the bottom of pot.
- Place a dry paper towel over the top of the filling in the springform pan, then place a sheet of aluminum foil on top of paper towel, tightly wrapping the pan with aluminum foil. Using a foil sling, lower the wrapped cheesecake pan into the Instant Pot. Lock the lid into place, choosing the high pressure setting for 37 minutes. When the timer sounds, use a natural pressure release for 18 minutes, then a quick release to remove any remaining pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Using the foil sling, carefully lift the cheesecake from Instant Pot to a wire cooling rack; carefully remove the foil and paper towel, then carefully run a sharp paring knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake, gently loosening it from the sides of the pan.
- Let the cheesecake cool for 30 minutes, then release and remove the outer ring of the springform pan that encases the cheesecake. Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate 6-8 hours, or overnight, until very chilled.
Create the Cheesecake Topping
- Using a large spatula, lift cheesecake from springform pan bottom and place onto a serving platter. (Or if you prefer, leave the cheesecake in place on the bottom of the springform pan, but be aware that when cutting the cheesecake, it will easily slip around on your platter, making it rather difficult to cut.)
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream and sugar until stiff; gently fold in the zest of ½ of a lime.
- Place the prepared whipped cream mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe the whipped topping onto the top of cheesecake as desired, in a decorative pattern. Zest the remaining half of lime over the top of the whipped cream and the center of the cheesecake. Place the lime slice halves around perimeter of cheesecake by sliding them gently into whipped cream, as desired. Refrigerate cheesecake (covered) until ready to serve.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
LET’S GET YOU COOKIN’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. We may receive a small compensation when you use these links. This really helps us keep the recipe blog moving forward. Thank you so much!
Leave a Reply