Grab your electric pressure cooker and get your day started off right with these Instant Pot Cheesy-Bacon Egg Bites. I love egg bites and used to grab Starbuck’s egg bites quite frequently…UNTIL I discovered how EASY (and fast!) they are to make at home.
Instant Pot Cheesy Bacon Egg Bites – The Best Egg Bites Recipe!
Howdy. Chef Alli Here! Let’s Get You Cookin’ …..Shall We?? 🙂
I adore ALL Instant Pot Egg Bites, and these Cheesy-Bacon Egg Bites are no exception. When I first learned about these little suckers, I was worried they might be all hype. Boy, was I wrong!
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get tired of boring ole hard-boiled eggs as a snack. When I first made Egg Bites in my Instant Pot, I was super excited to experience at how flavorful they are. The Hubs and I ate the entire batch of 6 in one sitting!
Customize Your Egg Bites
They say variety is the spice of life. When it comes to Instant Pot Egg Bites variety definitely applies – you can customize them with a variety of your favorite ingredients and cheeses, and the sky is the limit! You could add leftover caramelized onions, chopped baby kale, sharp cheddar, Parmesan….even leftover cooked meats like smoked salmon, grilled steak, shredded chicken. I bet you get the picture.
Are Instant Pot egg bites the same as Starbuck’s Egg Bites?
The ingredients and cooking method vary a bit, but technically they are the same thing – yes!
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Cheesy Bacon Egg Bites in My Instant Pot?
Bacon. Need I say more?? Bacon reigns!
Large eggs. I love using farm fresh eggs that my Egg Lady (I LOVE my Egg Lady!) delivers to me – the yolks are such a beautiful orange color and the eggs have such a rich flavor. However, sometimes her “GURLS” aren’t laying as many eggs as they should be, so I have to fill in with store-bought eggs and guess what? They work just GREAT!
Shredded cheese. I used cheddar cheese in this recipe, but feel free to substitute which ever cheese you prefer or have on hand.
Cottage cheese. Here’s where two things come into play: extra protein and good texture. You can use any type of cottage cheese you prefer – lard curd, small curd, low fat, full fat, etc.
Heavy cream. Also, known as whipping cream, this adds creaminess to your egg bites. (In a pinch, I have used milk instead of whipping cream and it does work, but it definitely affects the final product experience. Opt for the cream!)
What Tools Do I Need to Make These Instant Pot Egg Bites?
These are the tools you’ll be needing to make Cheesy-Bacon Egg Bites. If you’re stacking two molds into the 6-quart Instant Pot (or any electric pressure cooker that’s 6 quart in size) you’ll want a thin trivet or your molds will be above the 2/3 mark and sometimes your Instant Pot can’t pressurize if your pot is past that 2/3 mark.
I use the metal trivet that came with my Instant Pot, and it’s just like this one. As for the silicone egg bite molds, the options are limitless! These are the ones I use all the time. And, I don’t have a blender, but I use my food processor at least 2-3 times a week.
Yes, this will be a big investment for your kitchen, but know that if you buy a good brand (such as Kitchen Aid or Cuisinart or the like) you are going to have this for a lifetime and you’ll find endless ways to use it, too.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making Your Favorite Egg Bites in the Instant Pot
- Can I make egg bites in advance of when I want to serve them? Yes, and I do this all the time! Since there’s 5 of us always scavenging for something to eat, we can go through a couple dozen egg bites in a big hurry!I like to make 12 egg bites at once in my Instant Pot, so I fill and stack 2 egg bite molds in my Instant Pot every time I make a batch. And, because you can make each batch in just 8 minutes, I make several batches back-to-back so I can keep my fridge stocked.
- Can I customize my egg bites? Heck yes!! I really like it that I can make a VARIETY of egg bites, and super easily, at that.Any cooked meat can be added to the egg mixture – we usually use cooked and crumbled sausage, ham, or bacon, but you could also add chopped steak, salmon, or shredded pork just as easily.I’ve found it’s a great way to use up small amounts of leftover grilled meat that’s not really enough to serve as a meal.
- But what if I want vegetarian egg bites? Go for it. Your vegetable options for egg bites are endless! This recipe features roasted red peppers and fresh baby spinach with smoked Gouda cheese, but what about artichokes with Asiago or Parmesan, or Swiss chard paired with Fontina cheese? I think broccoli, pimento and cheddar together sounds darn good too. Use what ya got!
More Favorite Breakfast Recipes to Enjoy –
Pop-And-Go Instant Pot Egg Bites
Cherry Cream Cheese Danish
Cinnamon-Sugar Bear Paws
Speedy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Instant Pot Homemade Applesauce in Just 5 Minutes
Easy Deep Dish Ham and Broccoli Quiche
Speedy Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Frosting
Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
If you’re new to Instant Pot cooking, you may find our Instant Pot Free Printables helpful, and also our Instant Pot Guide for Beginners. Print these off and secure them to the inside of a cupboard door for quick reference when you’re needing help with what’s cookin’ in your Instant Pot!
Printable Instant Pot Cheesy-Bacon Egg Bites Recipe
Cheesy-Bacon Egg Bites
- 1/2 lb. bacon, fully cooked and crumbled
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 6 oz. shredded cheese, such as cheddar, Parmesan, mozzarella, Muenster, or smoked Gouda
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 Tbs. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- pinch of kosher salt
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant pot.Spray 2 silicone egg bite molds with non-stick cooking spray; divide the cooked and crumbled bacon between each egg bite cup of both molds.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs, Gouda cheese, cottage cheese, heavy cream, granulated onion, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the prepared egg mixture over the bacon in each egg bite cup, filling each one 2/3 full. Using a small spoon, stir the ingredients in each cup a bit. Cover the egg bite mold with the silicone lid, or very tightly with foil; repeat with the second mold. Stack the molds on top of each other, then place them onto a foil sling, pulling the ends of the foil sling up and around both filled egg bite molds.
- Holding the ends of the foil sling, lower the egg bite molds down into the Instant Pot, placing them on top of the trivet. Fold the ends of the sling over the top of the egg bite molds.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place. Using the manual button, choose High Pressure for 8 minutes, bringing the Instant Pot to full pressure. When the timer sounds, perform a quick release to remove all pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Use the sling to lift the egg bite molds from the Instant Pot. Remove the lids, letting the egg bites stand for 5-10 minutes to cool a bit. Gently invert the molds onto a platter so the egg bites can slide out. Serve at once, or let the egg bites cool, then refrigerate and reheat as needed.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected].
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.
Leave a Reply