How to Make Air Fryer Honey-Glazed Salmon – I can promise it’s easier than you think! We love this super quick air fryer recipe. The salmon is topped with honey to add extra sweetness and flavor and the entire recipe only requires 4 ingredients.
Air Fryer Honey-Glazed Salmon Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We?? 🙂
We’ve had our air fryer for a couple of years now. I have been so surprised at how often we use it!
Whether you are a large family that eats in shifts like we do, or you’re an empty nester that just needs an air fryer to cook smaller meals (instead of cranking up the oven every time), you should investigate this great small appliance.
Air Fryer Leftovers Are the Boss!
One of the best things, too, is that we no longer toss out our leftovers! Leftovers re-heated in an air fryer are like brand new….especially leftover PIZZA. In just a few minutes, an air fryer can make things golden brown and crispy on both sides of whatever food it is you’re cooking.
We also make Air Fryer Pizza Breadsticks all the time! Your kids will love assembling these yummy breadsticks and the air fryer cooks them to golden brown in just minutes.
For a low-carb option, try out Low Carb Air Fryer Dill Pickle Wings – tender chicken with tangy flavors. Cinnamon Sugar Churro Stix are a fast and easy air fryer treat that can be served with coffee or as a breakfast pastry.
What to Love About Air Fryer Salmon –
- Yep – you only need 4 ingredients.
- You don’t need to skin the salmon!
- Perfectly flaky and tender salmon in mere minutes.
Which 4 Ingredients Do I Need to Make Air Fryer Honey-Glazed Salmon?
- salmon fillets (with or without skin, either one)
- Kosher salt
- Brown sugar
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon in 3 Easy Steps
- Combine the kosher salt and brown sugar in a small bowl; rub this over the flesh of the salmon fillet, letting it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Rinse the salmon fillet and pat dry, placing it onto the greased air fryer rack. Air fry the salmon at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until very fork-tender.
- Brush the cooked salmon with warm honey and serve at once.
7 Reasons Your Kitchen Needs an Air Fryer – click here to see!
Common Questions Asked About This Recipe
Which tools are helpful for making air fryer salmon?
Well, first of all, you’re gonna need an air fryer, right? I have the Cuisinart TOA-60 which is a rack-style type of air fryer, as opposed to the basket-style. I like the rack-style since you can spread ingredients out more easily which helps them get more crispy and also to cook faster.
A narrow metal spatula is great for lifting the fish from the air fryer rack to serve. Or, you may actually prefer using a metal fish spatula which also works great if you decide to fry fish in a skillet.
What should I be looking for when I’m shopping for salmon fillets?
There are 3 things to look for when purchasing fresh salmon: appearance, texture, smell. Look for salmon that has bright pink flesh and shiny silver-colored skin. and saturated in color. The fillets should be firm to the touch and shouldn’t smell “fishy” but rather like the ocean, or “briny”.
How do I know when air fryer salmon is done?
Salmon is fully cooked when it turns from bright in color to more opaque. More importantly, salmon is done when it is fork-tender. By inserting a fork into the thickest part of the fillet, then gently twisting, you can tell if the salmon is done. If the flesh easily gives when you twist the fork, the salmon is fully cooked.
Can I cook salmon in any type of air fryer?
I think salmon can be cooked in nearly any style of air fryer, though I’ve only cooked salmon in a rack-style air fryer, not a basket style.
We have the TOA-60 Cuisinart Air Fryer that has a rack that slides in an out. This flat rack allows foods to be spread out so they can cook more quickly and also get more crispy.
What does the salt and brown sugar mixture do to the salmon?
The brown sugar and salt mixture that is applied to the salmon before cooking it is actually what’s called a dry brine – it adds flavor as well as helping to keep the salmon nice and moist.
The salmon absorbs the sweet/salty flavors quite quickly and this is why the salt/brown sugar mixture should be washed away after just 1 hour – you don’t want the salmon to get too salty.
Can I freeze fresh salmon?
Store salmon in the freezer for up to 6 months. Wrap it tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil, then place the fillets into a gallon freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Can I cook frozen salmon fillets in the air fryer? Can I make this recipe using frozen salmon fillets instead of thawed?
These are great questions. Yes, you can cook salmon from frozen instead of thawed and I’ve done it many times when I’ve forgotten to thaw the salmon ahead of time in the fridge. You just need to add a couple extra minutes of air fryer cooking time and test the salmon with a fork at the center to be certain it’s fully cooked – if not, add 1-2 minutes more in the air fryer.
More Favorite Main Dish Recipes to Enjoy –
- Roast Beef Wellington Packets with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Air Fryer Sausage Brats with Peppers and Onions
- Big Island Mojo Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish with Parmesan Crumbles
- Beef Patty Melt Sliders with Secret Sauce
- Alma June’s Crescent Roll Chicken Bundles
- Instant Pot Low-Carb Tuscan Chicken
Printable Air Fryer Salmon with Honey Glaze Recipe
How to Make Air Fryer Honey-Glazed Salmon
- 1 lb. boneless salmon fillet, with or without skin
- 1 Tbs. kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. dark brown sugar
- warm honey to drizzle over the cooked salmon
- In a small bowl, combine the salt with the brown sugar. Using your fingers rub this mixture over the flesh of the salmon. Cover the salmon with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Rinse the brown sugar mixture from the salmon fillet; pat dry. Spray the rack of the air fryer with nonstick spray, then place the salmon onto the rack. (If your salmon fillet is a skin-on fillet, place the skin-side down.) Brush the top of the salmon with a bit of oil.
- Air fry the salmon at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes on the center rack; test the salmon with a fork at the center of the fillet, When the fork is inserted into the thickest part of the salmon and twisted, the salmon should give easily and flake apart in that area. If this doesn't happen, continue to cook the salmon for a few minutes longer until it is fork-tender.
- Remove the salmon from the air fryer, placing the rack on your stove top or a hot pad. Use a spatula to lift and place the salmon onto a serving plate and drizzle with honey, as desired. **If you are cooking a salmon fillet that is skin-on, use a thin spatula to lift the fillet up and off the skin, leaving it behind on the air fryer rack. Serve at once, drizzled with warm honey.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected].
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. I may receive a small compensation when you use these links. This really helps me keep my recipe blog moving forward. Thank you so much!