Air Fryer Honey-Glazed Salmon Recipe
Are you seeking some new salmon recipes for the hot air fryer? We love this easy and quick Air Fryer Honey-Glazed Salmon made with brown sugar to add extra sweetness and flavor.
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? 🙂
We’ve had our air fryer for a couple of years now. I have been so surprised at how often we use it!
Whether you are a large family that eats in shifts like we do, or you’re an empty nester that just needs an air fryer to cook smaller meals (instead of cranking up the oven every time), you should investigate this great small appliance.
One of the best things, too, is that we no longer toss out our leftovers! Leftovers re-heated in an air fryer are like brand new….especially leftover PIZZA. In just a few minutes, an air fryer can make things golden brown and crispy on both sides of whatever food it is you’re cooking.
We also make Air Fryer Pizza Breadsticks all the time! Your kids will love assembling these yummy breadsticks and the air fryer cooks them to golden brown in just minutes.
For a low-carb option, try out Low Carb Air Fryer Dill Pickle Wings – tender chicken with tangy flavors. Cinnamon Sugar Churro Stix are a fast and easy air fryer treat that can be served with coffee or as a breakfast pastry.
What to Love About Air Fryer Salmon –
- Yep – you only need 4 ingredients.
- You don’t even need to skin the salmon!
- Perfectly flaky and tender salmon in mere minutes.
What Are the 4 Ingredients Needed to Make Honey-Glazed Salmon in the Air Fryer?
- A salmon fillet (with or without skin, either one)
- Kosher salt
- Brown sugar
How to Make 4-Ingredient Air Fryer Salmon in 3 Easy Steps
- Combine the kosher salt and brown sugar in a small bowl; rub this over the flesh of the salmon fillet, letting it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Rinse the salmon fillet and pat dry, placing it onto the greased air fryer rack. Air fry the salmon at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until very fork-tender.
- Brush the cooked salmon with warm honey and serve at once.
Easy Recipe Tips –
- What should I be looking for when I’m shopping for a salmon fillet?
- How do I know when the salmon I’m cooking in the air fryer is done?
- Can I cook salmon in any type of air fryer?
- What does the salt and brown sugar mixture do to the salmon?
- Can I freeze fresh salmon?
There are 3 things to look for when purchasing fresh salmon: appearance, texture, smell. Look for salmon that is bright and saturated in color. The fillets should be firm to the touch and shouldn’t smell “fishy” but rather like the ocean, or “briny”.
Salmon is fully cooked when it turns from bright in color to more opaque. More importantly, salmon is done when it is fork-tender. By inserting a fork into the thickest part of the fillet, then gently twisting, you can tell if the salmon is done. If the flesh easily gives when you twist the fork, the salmon is fully cooked.
I think salmon can be cooked in nearly any style of air fryer, though I cannot guarantee that. We have the TOA-60 Cuisinart Air Fryer that has a rack that slides in an out. This flat rack allows foods to be spread out so they can cook more quickly.
The brown sugar and salt mixture that is applied to the salmon before cooking it is actually what’s called a dry brine – it adds flavor as well as helping to keep the salmon nice and moist. The salmon absorbs the sweet/salty flavors quite quickly and this is why the salt/brown sugar mixture should be washed away after just 1 hour.
Fresh salmon can easily be frozen and stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. Wrap it tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil, then place the fillets into a gallon freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator until ready to use.
More Favorite Main Dish Recipes to Enjoy –
- Roast Beef Wellington Packets with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Instant Pot Glazed Maple Ham
- Air Fryer Sausage Brats with Peppers and Onions
- Beef Patty Melt Sliders with Secret Sauce
- Alma June’s Crescent Roll Chicken Bundles
- Instant Pot Low-Carb Tuscan Chicken
Printable Directions for Making Air Fryer Salmon with Honey Glaze
4-Ingredient Air Fryer Honey-Glazed Salmon
- 1 lb. boneless salmon fillet, with or without skin
- 1 Tbs. kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. dark brown sugar
- warm honey to drizzle over the cooked salmon
- In a small bowl, combine the salt with the brown sugar. Using your fingers rub this mixture over the flesh of the salmon. Cover the salmon with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Rinse the brown sugar mixture from the salmon fillet; pat dry. Spray the rack of the air fryer with nonstick spray, then place the salmon onto the rack. (If your salmon fillet is a skin-on fillet, place the skin-side down.) Brush the top of the salmon with a bit of oil.
- Air fry the salmon at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes on the center rack; test the salmon with a fork at the center of the fillet, When the fork is inserted into the thickest part of the salmon and twisted, the salmon should give easily and flake apart in that area. If this doesn't happen, continue to cook the salmon for a few minutes longer until it is fork-tender.
- Remove the salmon from the air fryer, placing the rack on your stove top or a hot pad. Use a spatula to lift and place the salmon onto a serving plate and drizzle with honey, as desired. **If you are cooking a salmon fillet that is skin-on, use a thin spatula to lift the fillet up and off the skin, leaving it behind on the air fryer rack. Serve at once, drizzled with warm honey.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com.