Looking for a low-carb crowd pleaser? This is totally it. I couldn’t believe how much we enjoyed making this in our air fryer and talk about FAST….holy cow. Awesome! #AirFryer #Cuisinart #Buffalo #Cauliflower #Appetizer
Buffalo Cauliflower – The Ultimate Air Fryer Appetizer
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
So have you taken the plunge and purchased an air fryer yet?? We did and I’m so glad we made the leap. We were back and forth on it for a bit, but now that we have it, I’m pretty amazed at how much we are using it! Yep, it took up more counter space in my kitchen, but as long as we are faithfully using our air fryer, it’s worth it to me.
If you need some inspiration before you run out and purchase that air fryer you’ve been contemplating, read this….it’s a post that shares my thoughts on WHY an air fryer may just need a spot in your kitchen. I wrote this after we had ours for a while, sharing why we are in love with the dang thing.
Which Air Fryer Should You Purchase?
We went with the Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fryer. It’s also a toaster oven with a convection bake setting, too. The basket is big enough to make 4 grilled cheese sandwiches at once which is perfect for our family. Or, if you want to cook just a single grilled cheese (or BLT!), you can do so – the basket doesn’t have to be completely full of food to use the air fryer. We love how CRISPY the air fryer makes things and how it doesn’t heat up the kitchen. I think we will use it in a TON in the summer months when it’s super hot here in Kansas.
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Step-by-Step
This is the easiest air fryer appetizer you’ll likely EVER make, seriously. It is so simple I was worried it might be just so-so….boy, was I WRONG. It’s delicious, with just the right amount of heat.
1. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, whisking in the buffalo sauce until combined.
2. In a bowl, toss the panko crumbs with the salt.
3. Dip the cauliflower pieces into the prepared buffalo sauce mixture, using the stem for your handle. Now dredge each one in the panko mixture.
4. Place the cauliflower pieces onto the air fryer basket in a single layer.
5. Air fryer for 12-15 minutes, or until fork-tender and golden brown.
6. Serve at once with your favorite Ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.
How ridiculously EASY is THAT?????
Printable Recipe for Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs mixed with 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Your Favorite Ranch Dressing, for dipping
In a small bowl, combine the butter with the buffalo sauce.Holding each piece of cauliflower by the stem, dip each one in the butter/buffalo sauce mixture, getting most of it coated in the sauce. (Don’t worry if a bit of the stem doesn't get dipped.) Hold the cauliflower over the bowl until it stops dripping.
Now dredge the dipped cauliflower in the panko, coating it as much as you like.; place into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry the cauliflower at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, shaking or tossing a few times, and checking the progress as you go. The cauliflower is done when the florets are a little bit browned.
Serve with the creamy dipping sauce of your choice.
Try this Air Fryer Recipe: Churro Stix – A Quick and Tasty Dessert Made with Store-Purchased Puff Pastry
Let’s Get You Cookin’,