Feather-light, tender puff pastry stix dipped into butter, then rolled in cinnamon-sugar. These little Air Fryer Churro Stix melt in your mouth.
Air Fryer Churro Stix Recipe – Fun to Make and Fun to Eat
We are totally enjoying our air fryer – it has even earned a full-time spot on the counter.
I really like how you don’t have to preheat it, which really speeds up the cooking time. It is hot almost instantly and the air fryer cycle really blows the hot air so things get crispy and browned nice and quick.
Or, if you don’t want the hot air blowing, you can choose the bake or toast setting – super versatile.
How to Make Air Fryer Churro Stix in Minutes
Puff pastry is an amazing thing to keep in your freezer when you want to make a quick dessert or chicken pot pie.
Puff pastry does just what it says – it PUFFS when you bake it, getting golden brown and delightfully tender.
This is due to all the BUTTER that’s used to make puff pastry, which, of course, is also what makes it so delicious.
To make these Churro Stix, all you have to do is thaw your puff pastry, then lay each sheet out on to a lightly floured work surface.
Cut each sheet in half horizontally, then cut each half into strips about 3/4″ wide.
Now it’s time to air fry. Twist each strip of puff pastry, then lay then side-by-side into the air fryer basket, leaving room around each one so they can air fry evenly.
It only takes a few minutes for these little twists of heaven to get golden brown, so keep your eye on them!
Next, dip each puff pastry twist in the melted butter, then roll each one in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve right away while they are warm, tender, and luscious.
If you’d like, drizzle them with a powdered-sugar glaze, but we never make it that far – my family devours these!
More Favorite Recipes to Enjoy –
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- Cinnamon-Sugar Bear Paws
- Glazed Cranberry Walnut Crescent Rolls
- Sheet Pan French Toast Bake
Air Fryer Churro Stix
- 1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets,17.25 oz., thawed (2 sheets puff pastry)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar combined with 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Place one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface; cut in half horizontally, then slice each half into strips about 3/4″ wide. Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Turn air fryer to air fry at 375 degrees F.
- Twist the puff pastry strips, then place each one into the air fryer basket, side by side, leaving a bit of space around each one, working in batches. Place basket onto baking tray, then into the air fryer. Air fry for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown, turning half way through the cooking time.
- Repeat with remaining puff pastry strips. Dip each puff pastry stick into the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve at once!