Chicken Tortilla Soup, Chicken Enchilada Soup, White Chicken Enchilada Soup…..they are all so similar and so satisfyingly good. This easy Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup….Just 6 Ingredients! recipe comes together in a flash, made from on-hand ingredients you’ll likely already have right in your pantry.
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe….Just 6 Ingredients Needed! Recipe
This recipe came from my friend, Tammy Bussen. It’s a keeper!
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? ?
In this house, we love all things Mexican and all things Tex Mex. Actually, here in the Heartland, I am pretty sure that’s a truth for most households.
When I’m not making this chicken enchilada soup for my guys, I often whip up a batch of Tex Mex Corn Chowder (made with sausage!) since they love it or sometimes it’s Mexican Beef Sanchiladas that are on their minds.
I’ve learned that sons and husbands always have FOOD on their minds. And since I love to cook, I find that a very endearing quality. 🙂
It’s fun using my guys as guinea pigs for recipe development and they don’t seem to mind one bit. Twisted Mexican Hot Tots were just recently a hit, but the Tex Mex Cauliflower Rice with Ground Beef didn’t trip their triggers as much as it did mine. Oh well….I thought it was freakin’ delish.
Things to Love About Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup –
- It’s a super fast dump-and-go recipe – just mix and simmer.
- You can keep all the main ingredients needed to make this soup in your pantry.
- This soup is delicious even without the chicken – still creamy and cheesy.
What Ingredients Will You Need to Make Chicken Enchilada Soup?
- Canned soups – cream of chicken and nacho cheese
- Red enchilada sauce – may substitute green enchilada sauce if preferred
- Diced tomatoes and green chilies – may puree these if you desire a soup that is more smooth in texture
- Shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken meat
- Your favorite Mexican/Tex Mex toppings such as shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, tortilla chips, cilantro, etc
How to Make Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup in ONE Swift and Easy Step:
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together the milk, soups, enchilada sauce and diced tomatoes with green chilies; fold in the shredded chicken. Simmer the soup until it is nicely heated throughout, then serve at once. Dinner’s Done!
Recipe Tips for Making Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup….Just 6 Ingredients!
- Can I substitute processed cheese (such as Velveeta cheese) for the nacho cheese soup?
- Is there an easy way to make this soup more spicy?
- Is this soup still good without the chicken?
- If I don’t have a rotisserie chicken available, can I cook my own chicken for this recipe? How?
Processed cheese (such as Velveeta cheese) can be substituted for the nacho cheese soup and I’ve done this. However, for whatever reason, the soup isn’t nearly as creamy and you’ll likely need to add some more milk for the soup to be the consistency you want.
To make this soup more on the spicy side, add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a bit of chipotle sauce for a smoky kick. You could also add a small sprinkle of cayenne pepper or a dash of Tobasco.
This soup is delicious with or without the chicken!
If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken on hand for making this soup, cook 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts until they are fork-tender; cool and shred, then add to the soup.
Other Creamy Soup Recipes to Enjoy –
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup
- Low-Carb Creamy Fiesta Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Ravioli Soup
- White Chicken and Rice Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken and Black Bean Fideo Soup
- Smoky Chicken and Black Bean Chili
- Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup with White Beans and Cilantro
- Mom’s Easy Instant Pot Chili
- Tex Mex Corn Chowder
Printable Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup….Just 6 Ingredients! Recipe
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 10 3/4 oz. cans cream of chicken soup I prefer Campbell's Soup
- 1 10 3/4 oz. cans nacho cheese soup I prefer Campbell's Soup
- 1 10 oz. cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken meat
- your favorite toppings such as cilantro, sour cream, salsa, tortilla chips, etc., optional
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, whisk the milk with the soups until smooth; stir in the enchilada sauce, tomatoes and green chilies, and the shredded chicken; simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Leave a Reply