A low carb chicken soup made right on your stove-top in mere minutes?? Heck yes! This quick Low Carb Creamy Fiesta Chicken Soup is ready in less than 10 minutes and it’s brimming with Mexican flavors. When you’re craving something warm and satisfying, yet low carb, this is just the fix! #lowcarbsoup #lowcarb
Please Note: We do use referral links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves!
I recently shared a family-favorite soup recipe, Low Carb Tex Mexican Soup, that featured ground beef. Soon, I realized how delicious it would be to have a creamy, low carb soup that showcased shredded chicken….so here we go! I cooked my chicken in the Instant Pot, which, in my opinion, is the best small appliance in the history of ever, but feel free to make this recipe extra-easy by using the meat from a rotisserie chicken.
Easy Recipe Tips for Creamy Fiesta Chicken Soup (Low Carb)
1. A rotisserie chicken can be a Mom’s bestie because we are always short on time (our most precious ingredient) and our family is always starving. I like to shred my rotisserie chicken meat while it’s still warm instead of later on when it’s chilled; the meat pulls away from the bones better when the rotisserie chicken hasn’t been refrigerated at home yet.
2. This easy soup recipe calls for the juice and zest of a lime…..please don’t skip either one of these ingredients in this recipe. The lime juice adds depth to the soup base and the lime zest gets things zesty! Use your Microplane citrus zester to to zest away the nice, bright part of the lime, leaving the white part (this is the pith and it’s bitter!) behind. Citrus zest is a powerful ingredient in any recipe and you don’t want to pass it up….especially since it’s completely fat free and zero calories, yet adds so much punch and brightness to any dish!
Printable Low Carb Fiesta Chicken Soup Recipe Here
Low Carb Creamy Fiesta Chicken Soup
A low carb chicken soup made right on your stove-top in mere minutes?? Super! This quick and creamy soup is ready in less than 10 minutes and it's brimming with Mexican flavors. When you're craving something warm and satisfying, yet low carb, this is just the fix!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1-2 tsp. chipotle sauce, depending on how spicy you prefer
- 1-2 tsp. your favorite taco seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- cilantro, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, for garnish
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add cream cheese, stirring until nicely softened; add chicken broth, lime zest and juice, chipotle sauce, taco seasoning, and garlic, whisking until smooth. Add shredded chicken and stir to combine. Serve at once, topped with cilantro, tomatoes, and cheese.
Other Comforting Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
Creamy Chicken and Chipotle Rice Bake: A Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole for the Oven
One-Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes Supreme: Classic Meatloaf and Creamy Mashed Potatoes Made Right In Your Instant Pot
Please feel free to leave us a comment – we love hearing from our readers and followers! If you don’t hear back from us shortly, reach out to us by email anytime: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com