This Spicy Italian Sub Crescent Ring is a great way to serve a crowd. It’s loaded with all of your favorite Italian sub flavors, then baked in buttery, flaky crescent roll dough. I like to serve it with a good dollop of mayonnaise and Sarah Jane’s Jalapeno Mustard.
Spicy Italian Sub Crescent Ring Recipe
Spicy Italian Sub Crescent Ring
Crescent rings are an easy and beautiful way to get dinner on the table. Whether you’re filling them with taco fixins, pizza favorites, or trying out my Ham and Bacon Pastry Ring, they sure do make an impression.
For this recipe I used some of my favorite Italian sub flavors, like banana peppers, roasted red bell peppers, and Italian meats and cheeses, to create a Spicy Italian Sub Crescent Ring. It is so good!
I love how it comes out of the oven all warm and melty, then I top it with cool, creamy mayonnaise and Sarah Jane’s Spicy Jalapeno Mustard.
Please note: We do use referral links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends!
Make a Crescent Ring for Any Occasion
Crescent rings are an easy way to pack in flavors for a mid-week dinner, and they are also beautiful enough to serve to guests.
I always keep a few cans of crescent roll dough in my refrigerator for last minute visitors. Dinner guests feel like you slogged away at a fancy meal, spending all day in the kitchen when you truly did not.
This Spicy Italian Sub Crescent Ring would be a perfect addition to a New Year’s Eve spread or a game day tailgate table.
When you serve this crescent roll ring, be sure to include some extra condiments on the side for guests to customize their slice of heaven.
I love to use a spicy mustard, like Sarah Jane’s Spicy Jalapeno Mustard. Or for a smoky mustard option, be sure to try Holme’s Made Smoky Mustard You can offer a bowl of jalapenos or pepperoncino for those who like more spice, and some grated parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top.
Easy and Helpful Recipe Tips –
- For the best browning, I start my chicken bundles baking on the lowest rack in the oven, then move them up to the center rack, half way through the baking time. This makes sure both the bottom and the top of each bundle gets golden brown and flaky.
- Always use the crescent roll dough when it’s chilled, even if you have to return it to refrigeration half way through the recipe process.
- Crescent Roll dough that warms up to room temp is nearly always very difficult to work with!
More Crescent Roll Recipes to Enjoy –
Printable Spicy Italian Sub Crescent Ring Recipe –
Spicy Italian-Sub Crescent Ring
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls 8 oz. each
- Your favorite jalapeño or spicy mustard I prefer Sarah Jane’s Jalapeno Mustard
- 1/2 cup well-drained banana pepper rings may substitute pepperoncini slices, if you prefer a more spicy option
- 1/2 cup well-drained roasted red bell peppers
- 8 slices provolone cheese each cut in half
- 1/2 lb. sliced salami
- 1/2 lb. sliced smoked ham
- 2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbs. water to make an egg wash
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- spicy mustard as desired
Make the Crescent Ring
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 8 rectangles, pressing center seam of each rectangle together with your fingers.
- On a greased pizza stone or pizza pan, arrange dough rectangles forming a ring, letting it hang over the edge of the pizza stone.
- Spread roasted red bell peppers toward center of ring on bottom halves of rectangles. Top with half of the cheese. Layer salami and ham slices over cheese, drizzle the desired amount of the jalapeño mustard next, then arrange the pepper rings over the top; cover with remaining half of cheese.
- Bring each dough rectangle hanging over side of pan up over stacked filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around sandwich until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little). Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices. Serve with prepared dressing on top or on the side.
Make the Dressing
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and desired amount of mustard, stirring until well combined.
Recipe Directions (Step-by-Step)
Try These Recipes to Feed a Crowd –
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave use a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we many not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]