Craving a little salty/sweet crunchy combo? This Salted White Chocolate Crunch is super simple and crazy addictive….watch out! Whip up this easy snack mix for your favorite Valentine.
Salted White Chocolate Crunch Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’ …..Shall We??? 🙂
This Salted White Chocolate Crunch is soooo fun to make. Be warned, though, as this snack mix is almost impossible to stop eating it once you begin – the salty/sweet combination is very addictive…..you just want to munch and munch and munch!
To make the clean up really easy, I always cover my baking sheet with a big sheet of heavy-duty foil. Once you’ve baked the Salted White Chocolate Crunch, you can toss away the foil and simply place your baking sheet back into the cupboard….no washing required. YAY!
What to love about this easy snack mix recipe –
- Super easy and quick to make.
- Your Valentine will be soooo excited!
What you’ll learn from this recipe –
- The best way to melt chocolate
- How to make chocolate more easy to drizzle
- What to do if your chocolate seizes
Here are the ingredients you need to make Salted White Chocolate Crunch –
- Chocolate Chex cereal squares
- Peanut butter and chocolate Cherrios
- Brown sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Light corn syrup
- Baking soad
- Kosher salt
- White chocolate chips
- Valentine M & M candies
How to make Salted White Chocolate Crunch in 6 Easy Steps –
**Full, printable recipe card below – just scroll on down within this post to find it!
Answers to Common Questions Asked About
How do I melt chocolate morsels without scorching them?
The very best way to melt chocolate chips is in the microwave. Use full power in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, cooking the chocolate until it’s melted and smooth.
What should I do if the melted chocolate hardens suddenly?
When melted chocolate hardens up, it’s is called “seizing”. Don’t panic – this is common. Place the chocolate back into the microwave, heating it in 20 second intervals (stirring in between each one) until it’s melted again.
What should I do if the melted chocolate is just too thick for drizzling?
This happens quite often with melted chocolate and there’s a very simple fix: add a drop or two of vegetable or canola oil to the chocolate, then pop it into the microwave and reheat a bit. If the chocolate isn’t the right consistency for drizzling, add a bit more oil, drop by drop.
Which tools are helpful for making Salted White Chocolate Crunch?
A flat whisk is very handy for whisking ingredients in a saucepan, such as when you mix up the corn syrup/brown sugar mixture in this recipe.
Rimmed baking sheets in 13″x17″ size (called half sheet pans) are perfect baking many different things, including this snack mix.
More Crunchy-Munchy Treats to Try –
Printable Salted White Chocolate Crunch Recipe
Salted White Chocolate Crunch
- 5 cups chocolate Chex cereal
- 3 cups peanut butter and chocolate Cheerios
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbs. light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, divided use
- 1 cup Valentine milk chocolate M & M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cereals into a large mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup; bring to a simmer and cook one minute. Stir in the baking soda and remove the sauce pan from the heat.
- Pour the warm brown sugar mixture over the cereal, tossing evenly to coat. Place this mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet that has been covered with foil; spray the foil with nonstick baking spray, then spread the warm cereal mixture over the foil. Bake the cereal mixture, uncovered, on the center rack of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately sprinkle the salt over the warm cereal mixture.
- Cool the cereal mixture for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then spread it out over a sheet of parchment paper or foil to fully finish cooling.
- Melt 1/2 cup of the white chocolate chips in the microwave, heating them in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until nicely melted and smooth. Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the cereal mixture, then immediately sprinkle the cereal mixture with the remaining 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips and the M & M’s.
- Cool mixture completely, then break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Other Sweet Recipes to Enjoy –
- How to Make the Ultimate Root Beer Float
- Mini Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Pies
- Zucchini Oatmeal Crunch
- Red White and Boom Ice Cream Brownie Pie
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.