Here’s a fancy Chex mix recipe that makes any party or gathering fun. Definitely not your 1970’s Chex party mix recipe, this snack mix is a crunchy blend of salty and sweet. Easy Churro Party Mix is absolutely addictive.
Easy Churro Party Mix Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? ?
I have a tendency to think of party mix as a treat for the holidays. I guess that comes from all the years of eating chex mix at Christmas time.
Enter Easy Churro Party Mix! I made this for the Kansas State Fair a few years back and it was a huge hit. Nary a soul seemed to mind that it was 100 degrees outside!
That made me realize that salty/sweet snack mixes should be something that’s served for parties and gatherings year round. Everybody loves CRUNCH, no matter the occasion. 🙂
What to Love About This Recipe –
- It takes just 20 minutes….tops!
- Salty. Sweet. Crunchy. Addictive.
- You can freeze this party mix to enjoy later at any time.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Churro Chex Mix?
- Crispy rice cereal squares
- Crispy corn cereal squares
- Dark brown sugar
- Corn syrup
- Baking soda
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Cinnamon popcorn
- Cheese crackers
Recipe Tips and Tricks for Making Easy Churro Party Mix
- Be sure you cover your baking sheet with lots of foil. This makes clean up super easy – always key when we are cooking.
- If you’re wondering what role the baking soda plays in this snack mix, this causes a bubbling effect that aerates the caramel to make it nice and light so it can coat the ingredients more easily.
- Feel free to customize this snack mix by adding other crunchy ingredients that you enjoy – pretzels, peanuts, cashews, popcorn, etc.
How to Make Salty Sweet Party Mix in 5 Easy Steps
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cereals. Meanwhile, create the caramel sauce by combining the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a sauce pan over medium heat, bringing it to a boil and simmering for 1 minute; remove from heat and stir in the baking soda, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the prepared caramel sauce over the cereals in the bowl, tossing gently to coat; spread the cereal mixture over the prepared baking sheet that has been covered with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle this over the snack mix ingredients on the baking sheet.
- Bake the churro snack mix for 5 minutes, uncovered, then turn the snack mix over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking mix from the oven, spreading it out in a single layer over a sheet of aluminum foil to cool. Once cooled, break all the party mix pieces apart and store in an air tight container.
More Snack Mix Recipes to Enjoy –
Printable Churro Party Mix Recipe
Easy Churro Party Mix
- 4 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal, such as Rice Chex
- 4 1/2 cups crispy corn cereal, such as Corn Chex
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups cinnamon popcorn
- 2 cups cheese crackers, such as Cheez-its
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with nonstick baking spray.
- Place both of the cereals into a large, heat-safe mixing bowl. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar; set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar, and corn syrup, bringing the mixture to a boil; simmer for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from the heat; stir in the baking soda.
- Pour the warm prepared brown sugar mixture over the cereal mixture in the mixing bowl, gently tossing well to coat; spread the cereal mixture out into a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, then sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake the party mix, uncovered, for 5 minutes, then gently toss and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove the party mix from the oven; cool completely. When the party mix has cooled, gently separate all the pieces. Add the cinnamon popcorn and cheese crackers; combine well. Store the party mix in an airtight container.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that are recommended.