Buttered Rosemary Rolls Recipe
Easy Homemade Rolls – made right in your favorite cast iron skillet. I dare you to make these just once! You will never use any other recipe…they are that easy and delicious. Scouts honor.
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin…..Shall We?? 🙂
Okay. I’m not kidding. Every time I serve these rolls, people just go whack. As much as they want to, they cannot stop eating the fabulous, feather-light Buttered Rosemary Rolls! I don’t know the science behind the technique of brushing the rolls with butter AFTER they have risen, but I can tell you that trying to cheat and butter them while they are still frozen DOES NOT WORK….don’t even go there – I’ll save you the trouble.
I don’t always have fresh rosemary in the Winter months, so I’ve often used dried rosemary in this recipe. It’s not nearly as pretty, but it does still work, so don’t sweat it. And, under NO circumstances should you skip the sprinkling of salt….that is absolutely the finishing touch to this recipe.
More Favorite Recipes to Enjoy –
Printable Directions for Making Buttered Rosemary Rolls Recipe
Soft Buttered Rosemary Rolls
- 15 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary (dried rosemary leaves will work as well
- small pinch of kosher salt, to sprinkle over the rolls
- Place all 15 rolls into a greased 12” cast iron skillet, leaving space between each of the frozen rolls. (If using a 10” cast iron skillet, 11 rolls fit just perfectly once they have fully raised.)
- Cover the rolls in the skillet with a light dish towel, placing the skillet into a warm, draft-free area of your kitchen, letting the rolls raise for 45 minutes to 1 hour until “poofy and soft” and close to the top of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Very, very gently brush the melted butter over the rolls; sprinkle the buttered rolls with the chopped rosemary, then a sprinkle of the kosher salt over all.
- Bake the rolls, uncovered, on the center rack of the oven for 14-16 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown on top. Serve at once, with lots of butter for slatherin’.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com
Let’s Get You Cookin’,