Honey Sriracha Crunch is a sweet and salty combination of crispy crackers, pretzels, peanuts, rice and corn cereal squares, coated with a spicy honey glaze. Talk about the perfect chex mix snack for your next party.
Honey Sriracha Crunch Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? ?
I grew up eating my Grandma Lucille’s chex mix. She made it every Christmas in her big roasting pan and I always got to stir it. Everybody loved it and anxiously awaited a container of it as a gift from her.
My little sister, Lori, took over the family chex mix making (as well as baking Grandma Lucille’s Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies for us) so we are still lucky enough to get some crunchy snacks each holiday season.
If you like a crunchy party mix that includes chocolate, be sure to give Salted White Chocolate Crunch, too. I love to make it as a Valentine treat for family and friends.
At Christmas, besides this Honey Sriracha snack mix, I also enjoy making Chocolate Crunch Peppermint Munch for holiday parties and office parties – such a special treat.
Oh! And one last munchy-crunchy treat – Caramel Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix – totally the bomb, just wait and see.
Enter Honey Sriracha Crunch – The Ultimate Salty-Sweet-Spicy Snack!
And then I was introduced to another crunchy combination – a unique snack mix recipe. Instead of just a salty party snack mix, there was now the added sweet-spicy flavors as well – hallelujah!
What to Love About This Recipe –
- You can customize it! Add any crispy ingredient you prefer to change it up a bit – Bugles, cashews, cheese balls, popcorn…whatever you darn well please.
- Serve this for any party or gathering year round – don’t wait for the holidays to roll around. Don’t forget game day, tailgating, and watch parties!
- This party mix freezes well so it’s a great thing to keep handy in the freezer, pulling it out when you need a quick snack for guests.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Honey-Sriracha Crunch?
- Crispy corn and rice cereal squares
- Cheese crackers
- Melted butter
- Sriracha sauce
- Chocolate and peanut butter candies
Recipe Tips and Tricks for Making This No-Bake Snack Mix Recipe
- Feel free to substitute agave nectar for the honey in this snack mix. Or, in a pinch, you could even substitute 1/4 cup brown sugar in place of the honey, too.
- Use a nice wide bowl (instead of a deep one) when you cook the party mix in the microwave.Since you are going to stir it every 2 minutes, a wider bowl makes it much easier to stir without breaking the snack mix ingredients.
- Use metal spoons for stirring the spicy snack mix every 2 minutes. Using stirring tools that are thicker (say silicone spatulas, etc) can definitely crush the snack mix ingredients every time they move.
- When spreading out the prepared party mix, make sure most of the pieces aren’t touching each other. If touching as they cool, the crunch ingredients will stick together.
- Be certain the snack mix is completely cooled before adding the chocolate candies so they don’t melt.
How to Make Honey Sriracha Crunch in 4 Easy Steps
- In a large, wide bowl, combine all the snack mix ingredients, gently tossing well.
- In a small saucepan, warm the melted butter with the honey and Sriracha; pour this mixture over the snack mix ingredients, tossing gently to coat everything.
- Place the bowl into the microwave; cook for 8-10 minutes on high power, be sure to stir the party mix every 2 minutes.
- Spread the prepared snack mix out over a large sheet of foil and let it cool completely. When cool, stir the candies into the party mix, then store in an air-tight container until ready to eat.
What is Sriracha and where will I find it at the grocery store?
Sriracha gets it’s heat from red jalapeno peppers, which are green jalapeno peppers that have ripened from green to red making them much more mild in flavor. That’s why Sriracha sauce is so beloved – it’s only moderately spicy!
You will find Sriracha sauce in the Hispanic section of your local grocer. Store in the fridge with your other condiments.
If I don’t have Sriracha sauce on hand, can I use hot sauce?
You sure can, though keep in mind that hot sauce is much spicier so you may want to decrease the amount used – adjust according to taste.
More Crunchy Snack Mix Recipes to Enjoy –
Printable Honey Sriracha Crunch Recipe
Honey Sriracha Crunch
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal, similar to Rice Chex
- 3 cups crispy corn cereal, similar to Corn Chex
- 1 cup small pretzels
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups square cheese crackers, similar to Cheezits
- 3 Tbs. melted butter
- 1-2 Tbs. Sriracha sauce depending on how spicy you prefer this to be
- 1/4 cup honey gently warmed
- 1 cup plain chocolate candies, similar to M & M’s candies
- 1 cup peanut butter candies, similar to M & M’s candies
- Place the cereals, pretzels, peanuts, and crackers into a large microwave safe bowl and toss together. (Be sure you don't add the chocolate candies at this time!)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and sriracha sauce with honey; pour mixture over dry ingredients in bowl and toss well to coat.
- Microwave the crunch for 6-8 minutes, making sure to gently toss the mixture every 2 minutes. Spread the prepared crunch mixture out in a single layer on foil, letting it cool completely. Lastly, add the add the candies; store the crunch in an airtight container.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that are recommended.