Here it is, folks! Your new favorite strawberry shortcake recipe! Creamy Strawberry Shortcake Dip is just like it sounds – luscious and refreshing, not to mention fast and easy to make. We love this dip for Spring and Summer parties.
Creamy Strawberry Shortcake Dip Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We?? 🙂
We are huge fans of any dessert that has anything to do with strawberries! Take White Chocolate Strawberry Poke Cake….it’s the epitome of heaven on a plate, truly.
And if you like angel food cake, please give Strawberry Lemon-Lava Angel Food Cakes sometime soon. These are fun individual cakes that really makes friends and family feel special when you serve them. Who wouldn’t like their very own mini cake, right??
What to love about Strawberry Shortcake Dip
- It only takes a few minutes to make and serve.
- You can make the strawberry topping and the creamy filling ahead of time, then assemble the two components right when you’re ready to serve the dip.
- Use one-third-less-fat cream cheese to make this a low calorie and low fat dessert.
What ingredients do you need to make this Strawberry Shortcake Dip recipe?
- Fresh strawberries
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon and orange zest
- Softened cream cheese
- Vanilla yogurt
How to Make Creamy Strawberry Shortcake Dip in 3 Easy Steps –
- Stem and dice the strawberries, placing them into a bowl. Stir in half of the sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and orange zest; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese with the yogurt and the remaining half of the sugar, mixing well with an electric mixer.
- Place the cream cheese mixture into a serving bowl, then top with the strawberries. Serve at once.
Helpful Recipe Tips for Making Strawberry Shortcake Dip
- Use a microplane zester for zesting the lemon and orange. This tool makes it super easy to zest any type of citrus! Citrus zest is a powerful ingredient that is very worthwhile for any recipe – don’t skip it!
When zesting citrus, just remove the very outside of the lime, lemon, or orange. Beneath that is the white part (the pithe) and that is very bitter – don’t go there!
- For dicing the fresh strawberries, I enjoy using a ceramic paring knife since this is a such a detailed task. This paring knife has a super sharp ceramic blade, so it makes slicing and dicing very fast and easy.
- If you need to soften the cream cheese, I always suggest using the defrost setting on the microwave in 30 second intervals. If you over soften cream cheese using the regular cooking settings for heating foods, it sometimes won’t hold it shape for dips, fillings, and frostings.
- You can make the cream cheese dip in advance, along with the strawberry topping, keeping them separate from each other. Then, when you’re ready to serve the dip, just finish assembling and add the dippers on the side.
More Favorite Recipes to Enjoy –
- FRESH AND EASY STRAWBERRY PIE – Cool and refreshing….made in a flash.
- BERRY GOOD NO-BAKE CAKE – A yummy refrigerator cake with berries and whipped cream.
- WATERMELON DESSERT PIZZA – This easy, low-carb treat is a breeze to make.
- MINI LEMON-BLUBERRY ICE CREAM PIES – These mini ice cream desserts are so refreshing.
- SUMMER BERRY NAPOLEONS WITH HONEY-BAKED WON TON WRAPPERS – Sweet berries perched on top a creamy filling that’s spread over a crunchy honey-baked wonton base.
- COCONUT CREAM PIE DIP – A creamy, quick, and easy way to enjoy all the flavors of a coconut cream pie without all the work.
- NO BAKE LEMON CHEESECAKE BITES – Refreshing lemon cheesecake filling in a crunchy shell and a sweet raspberry on top.
Printable Recipe for Creamy Strawberry Shortcake Dip
Creamy Strawberry Shortcake Dip
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries stemmed and diced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened (may use low-fat variety, if desired)
- 6 oz. vanilla yogurt
- Chopped fresh mint for garnish, optional
- Cookies for dipping, such as shortbread cookies or vanilla wafers
Make the Strawberry Topping
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the diced strawberries with the vanilla, lemon zest, orange zest and half the sugar; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and yogurt with the remaining half of the sugar, beating well until smooth and creamy. Spread prepared cream cheese mixture into a small serving bowl, making a shallow indention across the top for the strawberry topping to rest in.
- Drain juices well from prepared strawberry mixture, then gently spread strawberry topping over the cream cheese mixture; garnish with fresh mint, if desired. Serve the dip with the cookies on the side for dipping.
Make the Creamy Filling
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that are recommended.