These Mini Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Pies are perfect for all of your Spring and Summer festivities! They make delightful and refreshing desserts for graduations, holiday gatherings, or family picnics.
Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Pie Recipe
I’m constantly checking out those cute little graham cracker crusts that are sold in a package of 4 in the baking aisle. The recipe on the package is for cheesecake, but I wanted to make something fun and refreshing for summer….here it is! I love blueberries with bright lemon zest, and what could possibly go better with ice cream? Packed in these perfect little individual graham cracker pie crusts, your family will just eat them up!
How to Make Mini Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Pies for Your Family
Mini Graham Cracker Crusts. As I mentioned earlier in this post, I think these things are so dang cute! Every time I spy them in the baking aisle, I just long to buy some! I’m even kind of surprised that I don’t keep a package of these (but maybe I’ll start!) in my freezer for quick desserts – cheesecake, pudding, ice cream….all so easy.
Vanilla Ice Cream. You can actually use any flavor of ice cream in this dessert that you prefer. And, you could even substitute low fat ice cream or frozen yogurt, for that matter.
Blueberries, Sugar, Cornstarch, Lemon Zest, Water, Salt. These are the ingredients that make up the filling that sits beneath the ice cream in each little pie! Talk about a nice little surprise when you get a bite of both the ice cream and the filling together, along with the graham cracker crust….so yummy.
Assorted Berries and Whipped Topping. You’ll need these for decorating the top of each ice cream pie. Use your creative side and make each pie something special!
Other Favorite Recipes to Enjoy –
Printable Directions for Mini Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Pies
Mini Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Pies
- 12 mini graham cracker crusts, I used Keebler brand, from my local grocer, found in the baking aisle
- 2-3 cups vanilla ice cream, very softened
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. water
- ½ - 1 tsp. lemon zest, depending on how "lemony" you prefer
- assorted berries, as garnish
- whipped topping, as garnish
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add blueberries. Combine sugar with cornstarch and salt, then sprinkle over blueberries; add water and lemon zest to sauce pan and stir gently to combine. Bring mixture to a simmer, cooking until mixture is thickened, approx. 1 minute, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- To assemble pies, place desired amount of prepared blueberry topping into each graham cracker crust; top with softened ice cream and smooth out each top.
- Place pies onto a baking sheet and into the freezer to freeze solid.
- Before serving, let thaw slightly, then garnish with desired berries and whipped topping.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]