Easy air fryer recipes – I’m collecting more and more since we use our air fryer all the time. I’m glad to add Air Fryer Free-Style Mexican Pizzas to my collection. My family loves Mexican flavors so this dish has been well received and I like how fast these pizzas can be ready to eat.
Air Fryer Free-Style Mexican Pizzas Recipe
So have you jumped on the air fryer band wagon yet? We have (finally!) and I can’t tell you how much we love the darn thing – talk about life-changing.
My family seems to eat in different shifts because we are all so busy. This makes our air fryer the perfect small appliance since it heats up almost instantly and make everything super crispy and wonderful.
We make lots of bacon in our air fryer and it takes just 8 minutes – can you believe it? Just wait until you reheat leftover pizza in your air fryer – talk about brand new. It’s awesome and there’s none of that soggy microwave pizza anymore.
A couple of my newest air fryer recipes are air fryer roasted breakfast potatoes and bacon and air fryer tilapia with parmesan crumbles. I think you’ll find both of them to be really tasty and well as fast.
What to love about this recipe –
- it’s FREE-STYLE and that means you can customize to your heart’s content!
- Just 6 ingredients are needed.
- The pizzas air fry in just 6 minutes.
- You’ve got a great kid-friendly recipe for your fam.
Which ingredients will I need to make air fryer Mexican pizzas?
- Flour tortillas
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Refried beans
- Red enchilada sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to make Air Fryer Free-Style Pizzas in 5 Easy Steps –
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef once the pan is nicely hot.
Cook and crumble the beef until it is fully cooked throughout and no pink remains; drain any fats that accumulate in the skillet.
Add the taco seasoning along with 1/3 cup of water to the cooked ground beef. Stir the beef mixture gently, letting it simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
Place the air fryer rack/pan onto the counter. Spread 1/4 cup of the warmed refried beans over each tortilla, placing them onto the air fryer rack.
Evenly spread 1/4 cup of the warm prepared ground beef mixture over the refried beans; sprinkle with a bit of cheese, then top with a second tortilla.
Set the air fryer to 400 degrees. Place the air fryer rack with the pizzas into the air fryer. Air fry the pizzas for 3 minutes.
Spread some of the enchilada sauce on top of each pizza; sprinkle with cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes more or until the cheese is nicely melted and bubbly, and the pizzas are hot throughout.
Repeat the assembly and cooking process with the remaining ingredients.
Top the cooked pizzas with scallions, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro, as desired.
Using a pizza cutter, slice each pizza into quarters and serve at once.
Which tools are helpful for making air fryer recipes?
Well, first off, you need an air fryer! We love the Cuisinart TOA-60 air fryer because it’s a rack air fryer, not a basket air fryer. You can really spread ingredients out over the rack which helps them get a crispier exterior and also to cook a lot faster.
I cook with a silicone spatula-spoons (my favorite are the Le Creuset) since they make stirring easy in both mixing bowls and skillets. And, when you use them while cooking, they are super heat resistant and won’t melt. I also like all the great colors!
Could I use corn tortillas in place of flour tortillas in this recipe to make it more of a low-carb meal?
I’ve never tried that, but I think you could do it!
Can you use any type of ground meat in this dish?
Yes. If you’d like to substitute ground turkey or chicken, ground bison, or even ground venison, definitely do so. They all work great.
You can even use this Beef Carne Picada.
If I don’t have red enchilada sauce on hand, could I substitute green enchilada sauce?
Absolutely! I’ve done it and green enchilada sauce is delicious in these pizzas.
Why are these called FREE-STYLE air fryer pizzas?
That’s the beauty of this recipe – you can customize it to your family’s likings! Use any type of cooked meat (say cooked and chopped pulled pork or leftover grilled steak) in place of the ground beef. Or, maybe you can sneak in extra veggies? Add black beans to the refried beans for extra fiber and protein. See what I mean? Make this recipe work for you and your family’s liking.
More Favorite Air Fryer Recipes to Try –
- Air Fryer Pizza Balls
- AIR FRYER PEPPER JELLY DIP
- MARINATED STEAK BITES COOKED IN THE AIR FRYER
- 20-MINUTE AIR FRYER PEPPERS AND ONIONS
- AIR FRYER PIZZA BREAD STICKS
- HONEY-GLAZED SALMON MADE IN THE AIR FRYER
Printable Air Fryer Free-Style Pizzas Recipe
Air Fryer Free-Style Mexican Pizzas
- 12 six-inch flour tortillas
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 oz. pkg taco seasoning
- 15 oz can refried beans warmed
- 6 Tbs. red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped scallions tomatoes, and cilantro, as garnish, as desired
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is nicely hot, add the ground beef, cooking and crumbling until the beef is fully cooked throughout and no pink remains; drain any fats that accumulate.
- Add the taco seasoning along with 1/3 cup water to the cooked ground beef; stir the beef mixture gently, letting it simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the warmed refried beans over each tortilla; place a couple of the tortillas onto the air fryer rack (you’ll be working in batches). Evenly spread 1/4 cup of the prepared ground beef mixture over the refried beans, then sprinkle with a bit of cheese; top with a second tortilla.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees. Air fry the pizzas for 3 minutes. Spread some of the enchilada sauce on top of each pizza; sprinkle with cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes more or until the cheese is nicely melted and bubbly, and the pizza is hot throughout. Repeat the assembly and cooking process with the remaining ingredients.
- Top the cooked pizzas with scallions, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro, as desired. Using a pizza cutter, slice each pizza into quarters and serve at once.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected].
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.