Cheesy, pepperoni pizza-stuffed breadsticks from refrigerated pizza dough? Yes, please. Fun to make in your air fryer (or oven) and super kid-friendly, your family is going to do hand-stands for So-Easy Air Fryer Pizza Breadsticks.
Air Fryer Pizza Breadsticks Recipe
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We?? 🙂
My family is in love with these pizza breadsticks made in a flash in our air fryer. All you need to make these cheesy treats is store-purchased pizza dough, pepperoni, cheese sticks, some basic spices and pizza or marinara sauce.
If your fam is as crazy for pizza as we are, you should give my Instant Pot 5-Minute Pizza Pasta recipe and the Meat-Lovers Pizza Gnocchi Skillet soon.
Oh! And don’t overlook Hot and Creamy Pizza Dip or Pepperoni Pizza Cheese Ball is you need a couple of yummy appetizers for your next gathering – they are both easy and quick to make and your guests will be raving fans.
What to Love About These Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks with Dipping sauce –
- Just 5 main ingredients required.
- So simple your kids can make them and they’ll love it.
- Fast and easy. Super Yummy.
What 5 Ingredients Will I Need to Make Air Fryer Pizza Breadsticks?
- Store-purchased pizza crust dough
- Cheese sticks
- Pizza or marinara sauce
- Optional ingredients: melted butter, garlic powder, dried parsley
Easy Recipe Tips for Making Pizza Breadsticks with Cheese and Pepperoni –
- Can I use any kind of cheese stick inside these breadsticks?
- What about using my own homemade pizza dough….is that okay?
- Do these breadsticks freeze well?
- Should I thaw the frozen breadsticks before baking them?
- Are other dipping sauces would be good with these breadsticks?
- How would I bake these pizza breadsticks in the oven instead of the air fryer?
- If I choose to bake pizza breadsticks in my oven, does it matter what type of baking sheet I use?
You can use any type of cheese stick for making these breadsticks. If you use a cheddar cheese stick or a colby jack cheese stick, you could dip the bread stick in salsa instead of marinara.
Any type of refrigerated dough (homemade or store purchased) can be use for making these pizza-stuffed breadsticks.
After you assemble these breadsticks, you can pop them into the freezer on a sheet pan. Once they are frozen solid, place the breadsticks into a gallon freezer bag and store in the freezer. Doing it this way allows you to pulled out as many or as few breadsticks at a time to bake fresh.
Bake the breadsticks while they are still frozen, don’t thaw them first. To bake from frozen, place the breadsticks onto a greased baking sheet and bake them in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
As for dipping sauces, we love warm pizza sauce for dipping, along with ranch dressing. Or sometimes, I combine a bit of bbq sauce with the ranch dressing for another type of dipping sauce, just to switch things up a bit.
To bake these pizza breadsticks in the oven instead of your air fryer, simply place them onto a greased baking sheet and into the oven on the center rack, uncovered; bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
A heavy-duty (or commercial grade) sheet pan is key for promoting even browning when making sheet pans meals. Good browning of all the ingredients is what really contributes to deeper, richer flavors in anything we cook. A heavy-duty sheet pan is worth the investment.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Enjoy –
- Pulled Pork Nachos in the Air Fryer
- Roasted Broccoli Parmesan Made in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- 4-Ingredient Air Fryer Honey-Glazed Salmon
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Printable Directions for Making Air Fryer Pizza Breadsticks
Air Fryer Pizza Breadsticks
- 1 tube or roll refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 50 pepperoni slices
- 10 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- pizza or marinara sauce for dipping
- Spread pizza dough out on clean, dry surface that is very lightly dusted with a bit of flour.Unroll the dough, rolling it out a bit with your rolling pin, then cut the dough in half lengthwise. Cut each dough half into 5 rectangles.
- On each rectangle of dough, overlap 4 pepperoni slices in a row, then top the pepperoni with a mozzarella cheese stick.
- Starting on the long side, roll the pizza dough over the pepperoni and cheese stick, pinching the seams together on the bottom, including folding each end of the dough over, making sure to pinch the dough closed to seal it. (Otherwise as your cheese melts inside, it can escape onto your baking sheet.
- Melt the butter, stirring in the garlic powder and dried parsley. Brush the tops of each pizza stick with the melted butter mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Bake the bread sticks on the rack, for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. (Spread the breadsticks out so they aren't touching each other. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to bake the breadsticks in batches.)
- Serve with a side of warm marinara or pizza sauce for dipping!
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected].
Leave a Reply