Mahi Mahi is a fantastic fish for the air fryer. We love Air Fryer Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa because it’s a flavorful yet low fat and low calorie weeknight meal that’s ready in just minutes.
Because Mahi Mahi is a firm fish fillet, it’s great for the air fryer and the grill since it will not fall apart as other fish fillets often do.
Air Fryer Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’…. Shall We?? 🙂
What to love about this recipe
- Ready in minutes!
- Mahi Mahi is mild in flavor and firm in texture.
- An easy low fat and low calorie meal.
Which ingredients will I need to make this air fryer Mahi Mahi recipe?
- Mahi Mahi fish fillets
- Southwest or Fajita Seasoning
- Olive oil, for air frying
- Red Onion
What you’ll learn here –
- The best way to cook Mahi Mahi in the air fryer
- How to know when mahi mahi is fully cooked
- An easy way to reheat air fryer fish
- How to make this recipe using frozen mahi mahi fish fillets
How to make Air Fryer Mahi Mahi in 4 easy steps –
- Brush the fish with a bit of oil, then season each one.
- Air fry the fillets for 8-10 minutes or until fork tender and flakey at the center.
- Meanwhile, combine all the salsa ingredients together.
- Serve the Mahi Mahi with the salsa on the side or over the top.
Answers to Common Questions Asked About This Recipe
What do I need to know about Mahi Mahi fish?
Mahi Mahi is a popular lean fish that is very firm in texture with large tender flakes. Mahi Mahi is mild in flavor with a bit of a sweet taste, easy and quick to prepare. Mahi Mahi is great for both the air fryer and the grill since it does not fall apart easily.
How do you know when fish is fully cooked?
Fish is fully cooked when it’s flakey at the center. To test for doneness, insert a fork into the center of the cooked fillet. If the forks twists easily and the fish flakes apart, it’s done and ready to eat. If the fish doesn’t flake easily when the fork twists, air fry the fish 1-2 minutes longer and test again for doneness.
Why does fish cook so quickly in the air fryer?
Actually, fish cooks pretty darn quickly no matter which cooking method we are using. However, because a rack-style air fryer (such as the Cuisinart TOA-60 like I use) allows for the fish fillets to be spread out as they are cooked, it works very quickly since the hot air can circulate very well.
Can I make Air Fryer Mahi Mahi with FROZEN Mahi Mahi fish fillets?
You sure can. Just increase the air frying cook time by 3-4 minutes, making sure to test the fish at the center of each fillet before serving. To test for doneness, insert the fork into the center of each fillet and give it a gentle twist; if the fish flakes easily when you twist the fork, it’s done. If not, air fry the Mahi Mahi for an additional 1-2 minutes and test again.
How should I reheat air fryer fish that’s already fully cooked?
To reheat fish that’s been previously cooked, place the cooked fish onto the air fryer rack and into the air fryer. Air fry for 2-3 minutes or until hot throughout. If the fish fillets are very thin, it may not even take that long to reheat.
If my family doesn’t like mango salsa, what else could I serve with Mahi Mahi?
Salads are also tasty when served with air fryer fish. I hope you’ll try one of our very favorite salads – Fresh Summer Corn Salad. If you’re looking for a salad that’s a bit on the unusual side, give Pinto Bean Salad with Feta and Walnuts a try, too.
More Favorite Air Fryer Recipes to Try –
Printable Air Fryer Mahi Mahi With Mango Salsa Recipe
- 4 large Mahi Mahi fillets
- 1-2 tsp. of your favorite Southwest or Fajita seasoning
- Olive oil
- Lime juice to taste
- 3 mangos peeled and diced (2-3 cups), may substitute mango from a jar, diced, in place of fresh mango flesh
- 1/2 small red onion diced very small
- 1 jalapeño seeds and membranes removed, minced
- fresh lime juice to taste
- 1-2 Tbs. cilantro chopped
Make the Mahi Mahi
- Brush each Mahi Mahi fillet lightly with olive oil. Place the seasoning blend into a large mixing bowl, then add the fillets, one at a time, lightly coating each one on all sides.
- Brush the air fryer rack with oil, then add the seasoned fillets, spreading them out so the air flow can easily circulate around each one.
- Air fry the fish for 8-10 minutes, turning them half way through the cooking time. The fish is done when it flakes easily at the center when tested with a fork.
Make the Mango Salsa
- Meanwhile, toss all the salsa ingredients together; season with salt and pepper. Serve the warm Mahi Mahi with salsa on the side or over the top. Salsa will keep up to two days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.