Dips and appetizers! Two things I can never have enough recipes for. I want to share one of my favorite easy appetizer recipes today: Air Fryer Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip. If you like creamy, crunchy, spicy, and sweet all in one bite, this dip is for you.
Air Fryer Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We?? 🙂
Does anybody have enough recipes for appetizers and dips? I know I don’t. I’m constantly on the look out for easy, quick appetizer recipes that are made from common ingredients that are easy to find at the grocery store.
Are you a nachos fan? We really like Air Fryer Pulled Pork Nachos. And, since my guys are huge carnivores, I seem to make Air Fryer Marinated Steak Bites all the darn time, plus Air Fryer Brats with Peppers and Onions.
3 Things to Love About This Easy Air Fryer Recipe –
- It includes BACON.
- It’s fast and easy.
- You’ve probably got all of the ingredients on hand already. (or at least most of them!)
What 6 ingredients do I need to make this easy air fryer recipe?
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Scallions (green onions)
- Butter crackers
- Jalapeno pepper jelly
How to Make Air Fryer Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip in 5 Easy Steps –
- Combine the softened cream cheese with the shredded cheese and the chopped scallions; spread into a greased deep-dish 9-inch pie plate.
- Top the dip with crushed butter crackers and the chopped cooked bacon.
- Place the dip onto the air fryer rack, setting the air fryer to 325 degrees F.
- Cook the dip for 15-20 minutes, or until hot throughout, rotating half way through the cooking time.
- Remove the hot dip from the air fryer; drizzle warm jalapeno jelly over the top. Serve at once with crackers or toasted crostini. Enjoy!
Common Questions Asked About This Recipe –
What tools are helpful for making Air Fryer Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip?
- Well, first of all, you’ll need an air fryer! We have the Cuisinart TOA-60 and I LOVE it. We use it way more than I ever thought we would. I make toast in it, reheat left-over pizza (it’s brand new again), cook bacon in just 8 minutes, make lots of crispy veggies, cook French fries and tater tots, and nachos….just to name a few things.
- I really like silicone spatula spoons for stirring ingredients. Once you get used to using this tool, you’ll have a really difficult time going back to using a mixing spoon or wooden spoon! My favorite brand is Le Cruset and they last forever. And their colors are so dang pretty!
Can I use light cream cheese in this recipe?
- Certainly. Works just fine. However, I’ve never tried fat-free cream cheese in this recipe, so I cannot advise on that.
What is the best way to soften cream cheese?
- The very best way to soften cream cheese or butter is to do so at room temperature. The time this takes varies depending on the temperature outside. Usually, 3-4 hours will soften cream cheese and butter very nicely.
Can cream cheese be softened in the microwave for this recipe if I’m in a hurry?
- Yes. I microwave cream cheese after removing it from the foil wrapper. Place the block of cream cheese onto a plate, then microwave at high power in 10 second increments until softened, usually 20-30 seconds total.
Is there an easy and fast way to chop scallions (green onions)?
- Sure is! I love to use my kitchen shears for chopping scallions. Hold the scallions in your hand, bundling up however many you are using. Starting at the green ends, trim off what you don’t want to use, then continue chopping with your shears until you get down to the white part of the scallions.
Can I use turkey bacon for this dip recipe?
- Absolutely! Just make sure you cook it until it nicely crispy.
If my family doesn’t like pepper jelly, is there another type of jelly that would be a good substitute?
- Great question! I’ve used plain ole apple jelly instead of pepper jelly when making this dip and it is still super delish.
If I don’t have an air fryer, can I bake this dip in the oven?
Sure can. I’d bake it, uncovered, at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly throughout. If the crackers crumbs and bacon start to get to brown, lay a sheet of foil over the top.
More Favorite Appetizer and Dip Recipes to Enjoy –
- EASY SMOKED QUESO DIP
- TWISTED MEXICAN HOT TOTS
- PEPPERONI PIZZA CHEESE BALL
- SAUCY VENISON BACON POPPERS
- MEATBALL SUB SLIDERS
- SWEET AND SPICY KIELBASA SAUSAGE BITES
Printable Air Fryer Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip Recipe –
Air Fryer Pepper Jelly Cheese Dip
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese I use sharp cheddar
- 5 scallions chopped, green parts only
- 10-12 butter crackers crushed (such as Ritz crackers)
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of your favorite jalapeno pepper jelly warmed (I really like Sarah Jane’s pepper jelly and Grandma Hoerner’s pepper jelly, both great Kansas products)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the shredded cheddar cheese and the chopped scallions; spread this mixture into a greased 9-inch deep dish pie plate or other 9-inch casserole dish.
- Top the dip with crushed butter crackers and the chopped bacon.
- Place the dip into the air fryer set at 325 degrees F. Cook the dip, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until hot throughout, rotating the pie plate from front to back half way through the cooking time.
- Remove the dip from the air fryer and drizzle with the warmed jalapeno pepper jelly. Serve at once with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. I may receive a small compensation when you use these links. This really helps me keep my recipe blog moving forward. Thank you so much!