Who’s up for a big bowl of Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup on a cold day?? I know I am and my family always loves it when they get to come home a big pot of this comforting soup. First we enjoy it when I make it fresh, then we devour it as leftovers that can be heated a bowl at a time in the micro – so convenient.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup: Quick, Easy, and Satisfying
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves!
This Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup is an absolute favorite at our house, and it can be ready in 5 minutes….plus just a little bit of prep time. I love making soups in my Instant Pot! We make this cheesy soup at least once a month during the winter months when it’s freezing cold here in the Heartland.
Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup is super simple to make and sometimes I even shred up the meat from a rotisserie chicken and stir it in. I think a rotisserie chicken is one of the best things in the world to keep on hand at all times to make quick meals, don’t you?? I love to snag them when they are on sale, then shred the meat and keep it in my freezer for speedy meals.
How to Make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Noodle In 4 Easy Steps:
- Use the saute setting on your IP to melt the butter, then stir in the dehydrated onions and the flour. Let this mixture cook over medium heat for a minute or two so that the flour in your sauce (it’s called a roux at this stage) gets cooked really well and turns kind of tan/golden brown in color. This is an important step to keep your soup from tasting pasty.
- Next, whisk in the broth, a little at a time and bring it to a boil, continuing to use the saute setting on your IP. Add your noodles and bring the broth back to a boil, stirring often.
- Lock the IP lid into place. Use the Manual button to choose 5 minutes on the High Pressure setting, bringing the IP to full pressure. When the timer sounds, perform a Quick Release to remove all pressure from the IP.
- Now, unlock and remove the IP lid; add the milk, cream, and cheese to the pot, stirring until all the cheese is nicely melted and soup is creamy and smooth. Stir in the broccoli, continuing to stir until the broccoli is nicely heated through. Serve at once.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup
- What’s the best way to store this soup in the fridge? I think the best system is to keep soup in a PITCHER in the fridge. This makes it super convenient for my guys to pour some into a bowl or mug that they can stick into the microwave to reheat the soup.
- Can I use fresh broccoli instead of the frozen broccoli? Yes, but you’ll need to cook it first. Frozen broccoli has been par-boiled so that’s what makes it cook so quickly. When you add it to a dish, like you do here in this soup recipe, you’re basically just heating it up to serve it.
- Can I make homemade egg noodles instead of using the frozen egg noodles? Sure thing – I love to make homemade eggs noodles when I can for this soup. Here’s my favorite recipe to Small Batch Egg Noodles.
Printable Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs. dehydrated onion flakes
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. frozen egg noodles such as Reames
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz. Velveeta cubed
- 12 – 16 oz. bag frozen broccoli florets thawed
Using the sauté setting on the Instant Pot, melt the butter; add the onion and flour, stirring constantly, for a minute or so, until mixture is nicely golden brown in color.
Add chicken broth, a little at a time; bring broth to a boil and add noodles, stirring to combine. Return this mixture to a boil before locking the IP lid into place.
Once the soup is boiling once more, lock the IP lid into place. Use the Manual button to choose 5 minutes on the High Pressure setting, bringing the IP to full pressure. When the time sounds, perform a Quick Release to remove all pressure from the IP.
Unlock and remove the IP lid; add the milk, cream, and cheese to the pot, stirring until all the cheese is nicely melted and soup is creamy and smooth. Stir in broccoli and serve.
Artichoke Olive Cheese Bread – Delicious as an Appetizer or as a Side Dish for Soup
Instant Pot Jambalaya Recipe – A New Orleans Class Recipe You Can Make in Minutes!
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com