Man, I love it when a recipe happens to come together on the fly! I was needing something warm and hearty to take over to our neighbors’ house for dinner and I had this particular tortellini soup in mind. Then, I noticed that I had picked up frozen RAVIOLI at the grocer, instead of frozen TORTELLINI pasta….bummer. That is, until this soup came together – WOW. #raviolisoup #instantpot
Instant Pot Hearty Ravioli Soup
This Instant Pot Ravioli Soup comes together in mere minutes and if you keep the ravioli on hand in your freezer, the remaining ingredients in this soup are pretty much standard pantry ingredients. I hope your family enjoys this creamy soup as much as the neighbor folk did when I ladled it up. Add some crusty no-knead peasant bread and DINNER’S DONE….awesome.
Please Note: We do use referral links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
We shared our Instant Pot Chicken and Mushroom Wild Rice Soup here recently and you guys went WILD….I love it when that happens! I’m crazy for my Instant Pot and all the great recipes you can make in such a speedy manner when it’s time to get dinner on the table. My guys especially love this Instant Pot Italian Pasta so I make it alot….I love that it takes just 5 minutes to cook! Can you believe it? Using my Instant Pot has truly changed my life at dinnertime.
Easy Tips for Making Instant Pot Ravioli Soup (Comfort Food)
1. If you can’t find bulk Italian sausage, go ahead and purchase link Italian sausage… it’s totally fine. Then, when you get ready to prep for this Instant Pot Ravioli Soup, simply use your kitchen shears to cut open the casing on each sausage, squeezing out the bulk sausage inside right into your preheated skillet. Works like a charm!
2. Notice how this recipe directs you to cook the tomato paste until it turns from bright red in color to a reddish brown. Please don’t skip this step! Doing this will make your soup so much richer in flavor and it only takes a few minutes more – totally worth it.
3. If you don’t want to use whipping cream due to the fat content, feel free to make this Ravioli Soup using fat free half and half instead. You may want to thicken your soup a bit with a little cornstarch slurry if you use the fat free half and half. Just place a little of the hot soup liquid (say 1-2 Tbs.) into a small bowl and whisk in 1 Tbs. cornstarch; add this to your soup and let it simmer gently. If it doesn’t thicken up as much as you’d like, make a little more slurry and stir it in.
Printable Instant Pot Ravioli Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Ravioli Soup
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 3 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. chipotle sauce or minced chipotle peppers
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. frozen cheese or meat ravioli, thawed
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
Choose the saute setting on your Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker); when the pot is nicely hot, add the sausage and crumble it using a spatula or wooden spoon. When the sausage is fully cooked throughout, drain the fats.
Add the onion, celery, carrots and tomato paste to the sausage; cook for 5-6 minutes on the saute setting or until the tomato paste turns rather reddish brown in color, stirring often and adding a bit of chicken broth as needed to keep the tomato paste from sticking to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Stir in chipotle sauce, broth and ravioli; lock the Instant Pot lid into place. Choose High Pressure setting for 3 minutes, bringing the electric pressure cooker to full pressure. When the timer sounds, perform a quick release to remove all the pressure from the Instant Pot.
Remove the lid and stir in the whipping cream. Serve soup garnished with Parmesan cheese, as desired.
Ack! My Instant Pot Won’t Pressurize!
Are you having trouble getting your Instant Pot to work? Download my FREE Instant Pot Quick Troubleshooting Guide now, then check out my 6 Reasons Why Your Instant Pot Isn’t Pressurizing for a more in-depth look at what’s ailing your Instant pot before chucking that thing out the window!
Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
Favorites Around the Web
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
This recipe shared on Country Cook Weekend Potluck