Calling all chocolate lovers! Here’s the dessert that will own your heart and cause your beloved to swoon. With just three components that come together super fast and easily, you’ll be serving these Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites with Salted Ganache and Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries for dinner parties and gatherings that need a perfect (sweet!) finale. #chocolate #ganache #Valentine #Sweetheart #Brownie #Cheesecake
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
We have fallen in love with these Brownie Bites, and they came together quite by accident….how wonderful, right? I’ve made Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries for years, but never thought to place them on top of a brownie bite until I was seeking a way to make a fun chocolate dessert for a Sweetheart Event we took part in. Tah Dah! Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites were born.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making the Perfect Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites with Salted Chocolate Ganache and Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries for Your Sweetheart
- Why do you use coffee in place of water when making the brownie batter? Well, because it turns out that COFFEE compliments CHOCOLATE perfectly. If you don’t have coffee on hand, simply make the brownie batter with water as the instructions call for.
- Isn’t chocolate ganache difficult to make? Nope! I was shocked at how dang EASY it is to whip up chocolate ganache (on your stove top OR in the microwave, if you prefer). And, it’s slick that it only requires TWO ingredients!
- What if you don’t have a pastry bag and star tip for piping the cheesecake mixture into the strawberries? No worries, truly. Just place the cheesecake mixture into a gallon freezer bag, cutting off the very tip of one of the corners. Have someone hold the strawberry tip open a bit, as you squeeze in the cheesecake filling. Yes, it requires a bit more team-work this way, but it’s still totally do-able. It may not look quite as pretty as when you use a star tip, but no one will care once they take a bite. 🙂
Printable Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites Recipe
Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites with Salted Ganache and Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix, made according to package directions, substituting brewed coffee for the water
- 16 oz. semi-sweet good-quality chocolate morsels
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- kosher salt, for sprinkling over the ganache when you assemble the dessert
Cheesecake Filling and Strawberries
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest from 2 oranges
- 18 large, fresh strawberries, an “X” cut into the tip of each one, stems removed and large end of strawberries cut flat (so they can sit upside down with toppling over)
Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray. Place 2 tablespoons of the prepared brownie batter into each of the sprayed cups. Bake brownie bites for 12-15 minutes on the center rack of the oven, until just set; remove from the oven and let cool. Repeat with the remaining brownie batter. You should have 18-20 brownie bites when finished.
Place the whipping cream into a sauce pan over medium heat; bring the cream to a simmer. Add the chocolate morsels, using a whisk to incorporate the chocolate into the whipping cream, whisking until smooth. Let ganache cool for 10-15 minutes before drizzling; if you’d like to use the ganache as a “frosting”, allow it to cool completely.
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until well combined. Fold in the orange zest. Spoon the prepared cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag that has been fitted with a large star tip.
To assemble the brownie bites, place a each one onto a dessert plate; drizzle with warm ganache; sprinkle ganache with a tiny bit of kosher salt. Using the pastry bag, insert the tip into the “X” in the strawberry tip, filling it with a bit of the cream cheese mixture. Place the filled strawberry onto the ganache-covered brownie bite. Serve at once.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com