These Chocolate Lava Cakes are rich, dreamy, and decadent, featuring a warm and gooey “molten” chocolate center. And, they are super-easy to make in just 9 quick minutes in your Instant Pot!
#InstantPot #chocolate #lavacakes #moltenchocolate #ValentinesDay
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Okay. Meet the chocolate of your sweetest dreams…..two little lava cakes made right in your Instant Pot….in mere minutes.
All you’ll need is a couple of 4 oz. ramekins, ten usually-on-hand ingredients, and your 6 quart Instant Pot…..actually any 6 quart electric pressure cooker works great, no matter WHICH brand you happen to have. How sweet and easy is that???
These are delightfully decadent treats for you and your Sweet Heart to celebrate Valentine’s Day, or maybe just when that thing called LIFE says you really, really NEED a warm and gooey chocolate fix in a hurry……like NOW.
Don’t delay – grab your Instant Pot and let’s make these Chocolate Lava Cakes for Two!
Easy Recipe Tips: How to Make Chocolate Lava Cakes Right In Your Instant Pot
- Why do I need to coat my ramekins with nonstick spray and granulated sugar? This seems like an unnecessary extra step. ?? The sugar coating ensures that once your lava cakes are cooked and you’re ready to invert them, they easily slide right out of the ramekins onto your serving plate.
- What if I only have milk chocolate morsels on hand and not semi-sweet chocolate morsels? Not to worry. I’ve used milk chocolate morsels plenty of times and the lava cakes are still entirely delish.
- Why do the lava cakes need to rest for 5 minutes after they cook in the Instant Pot? This resting time allows the lava cakes to continue cook a bit longer, making sure the center is cooked, yet still nice and gooey.
Printable Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cakes For Two Recipe
Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cakes For Two
For the ramekins
- Nonstick spray
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, such as Ghiradelli chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- pinch of kosher salt
- powdered sugar
- fresh raspberries
- fresh mint leaves
- Spray the inside of two 4-ounce ramekins with nonstick spray; add a bit of sugar to each ramekin, gently rolling the ramekin to let the sugar coat each dish; reserve.
- In a microwave-safe glass bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each one until melted and smooth; let cool a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs and the egg yolk together; add the vanilla and the chocolate mixture, combining well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the powdered sugar with the flour, and salt; add this mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into prepared ramekins. Cover each one tightly with foil.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the Instant Pot, along with a silicone trivet with handles. Set both ramekins onto the trivet, then lock the IP lid into place.
- Using the manual button on the IP, choose High Pressure for 9 minutes, bringing it to full pressure. When the timer sounds, perform a quick release to remove all pressure from the IP.
- Unlock the IP lid, then use the handles of the trivet to lift the ramekins out, placing the trivet into a hot pad.
- Allow the ramekins to sit for 5 minutes, covered with foil. Remove the foil from each ramekin, then place a small plate over each one, inverting then so that the lava cake comes out and sits upside down on each plate.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with powdered sugar over the top, garnished with fresh mint leaves and raspberries.
Looking for other Sweet Heart Recipes?? Here you go!
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com