Salted White Chocolate Crunch
Craving a little salty/sweet crunchy combo? This munch mix is super simple and crazy addictive..watch out! My family has a definite love/hate relationship with this Salted White Chocolate Crunch, and I’m betting yours will, too. Whip some up for your favorite Valentine! #whitechocolate #valentine #snackmix
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’…..Shall We??? 🙂
This Salted White Chocolate Crunch is soooo fun to make. Be warned, though, as this snack mix is almost impossible to stop eating it once you begin – the salty/sweet combination is very addictive…..you just want to munch and munch and munch!
To make the clean up really easy, I always cover my baking sheet with a big sheet of heavy-duty foil. Once you’ve baked the Salted White Chocolate Crunch, you can toss the foil and simply place your baking sheet back into the cupboard….no washing required. YAY!
Once you remove the Crunch from the oven, spread it out to cool. This makes it easier to drizzle more evenly with the white chocolate too. If your chocolate is too thick to drizzle, just add a few drops of vegetable oil – this works like a charm to make your chocolate just the perfect consistency.
Printable Directions for Making Salted White Chocolate Crunch
Salted White Chocolate Crunch
- 5 cups chocolate Chex cereal
- 3 cups peanut butter and chocolate Cheerios
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbs. light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, divided use
- 1 cup Valentine milk chocolate M & M’s
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cereals into a large mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup; bring to a simmer and cook one minute. Stir in the baking soda and remove the sauce pan from the heat.
- Pour the warm brown sugar mixture over the cereal, tossing evenly to coat. Place this mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet that has been covered with foil; spray the foil with nonstick baking spray, then spread the warm cereal mixture over the foil. Bake the cereal mixture, uncovered, on the center rack of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately sprinkle the salt over the warm cereal mixture.
- Cool the cereal mixture for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then spread it out over a sheet of parchment paper or foil to fully finish cooling.
- Melt 1/2 cup of the white chocolate chips in the microwave, heating them in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until nicely melted and smooth. Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the cereal mixture, then immediately sprinkle the cereal mixture with the remaining 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips and the M & M’s.
- Cool mixture completely, then break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Other Sweet Recipes to Enjoy –
- How to Make the Ultimate Root Beer Float
- Mini Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Pies
- Old Fashioned Brown Bread Ice Cream
- Zucchini Oatmeal Crunch
- Red White and Boom Ice Cream Brownie Pie
- Chocolate Crunch Peppermint Munch
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com