Calling all chocolate lovers! Here’s the dessert that will own your heart and cause your beloved to swoon. With just three components that come together super fast and easily, you’ll be serving these Brownie Bites with Dark-Chocolate Salted Ganache and Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries for dinner parties and gatherings that need a perfect (sweet!) finale.
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
We have fallen in love with these Brownie Bites, and they came together quite by accident….how wonderful, right? I’ve made Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries for years, but never thought to place them on top of a brownie bite until I was seeking a way to make a fun chocolate dessert for a Sweetheart Event we took part in. Tah Dah! Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites were born.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making the Perfect Brownie Bites with Dark-Chocolate Salted Ganache and Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries for Your Sweetheart
- Why do you use coffee in place of water when making the brownie batter? Well, because it turns out that COFFEE compliments CHOCOLATE perfectly. If you don’t have coffee on hand, simply make the brownie batter with water as the instructions call for.
- Isn’t chocolate ganache difficult to make? Nope! I was shocked at how dang EASY it is to whip up chocolate ganache (on your stove top OR in the microwave, if you prefer). And, it’s slick that it only requires TWO ingredients!
- What if you don’t have a pastry bag and star tip for piping the cheesecake mixture into the strawberries? No worries, truly. Just place the cheesecake mixture into a gallon freezer bag, cutting off the very tip of one of the corners. Have someone hold the strawberry tip open a bit, as you squeeze in the cheesecake filling. Yes, it requires a bit more team-work this way, but it’s still totally do-able. It may not look quite as pretty as when you use a star tip, but no one will care once they take a bite. 🙂
Other Sweet Chocolate Treats to Enjoy –
- SUPER-MOIST CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE CRUNCH PEPPERMINT MUNCH
- WHITE CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY POKE CAKE
- NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- CHOCOLATE-COVERED CHEESECAKE-STUFFED STRAWBERRIES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CRUNCH
- INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKES
- CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE….THE EASY WAY
Printable Directions for Making Brownie Bites with Dark-Chocolate Salted Ganache
Brownie Bites with Dark-Chocolate Salted Ganache and Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix, made according to package directions, substituting brewed coffee for the water
- 16 oz. semi-sweet good-quality chocolate morsels
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- kosher salt, for sprinkling over the ganache when you assemble the dessert
Cheesecake Filling and Strawberries
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. orange zest, to taste
- 18 large strawberries, an “X” cut into the pointed tip of each one, stems removed, with the large end of each strawberry cut flat so they can sit upside down without toppling over
To Prepare the Brownie Bites
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray. Place 2 tablespoons of the prepared brownie batter into each of the sprayed cups. Bake the brownie bites for 12-15 minutes on the center rack of the oven, until just set; remove from the oven. Remove the brownie bites from the muffin tin to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining brownie batter. You should have 18-20 brownie bites when finished.
To Prepare the Chocolate Ganache
- Place the whipping cream into a sauce pan over medium heat; bring the cream to a simmer. Add the chocolate morsels, using a whisk to incorporate the chocolate into the whipping cream, whisking until smooth. Remove the prepared ganache from the heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes. (If you prefer to make the chocolate ganache to use as a "frosting”, allow the ganache to cool completely.)
To Prepare Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until well combined; fold in the orange zest. Spoon the prepared cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag that has been fitted with a large star tip.
- To assemble the brownie bites, place a each one onto a dessert plate; drizzle with the warm ganache, sprinkling the ganache with a tiny bit of kosher salt. Using the pastry bag, insert the tip into the “X” that been cut into the strawberry tip, filling it with a bit of the cream cheese mixture. Place the filled strawberry onto the ganache-covered brownie bite. Serve at once.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]