Are you in love with your air fryer and how darn fast it can cook up some delicious meals? We sure are. Air Fryer Breakfast Pizzas are a quick handheld breakfast that require only 4 ingredients. Such a score!
Air Fryer Breakfast Pizzas Recipe
This is a favorite childhood breakfast that I had totally forgotten about until my sister reminded me of it just recently.
Thinking about it made my mouth water, so I immediately jumped up and made a couple in my air fryer.
One of the very best things about Air Fryer Breakfast Pizzas is that you will always have these common ingredients on hand to make them: bread, cheese, ketchup, oregano.
If this seems like an odd combination of ingredients, don’t give up on me here. Just give it a try, please! You will not be disappointed.
What to love about this recipe –
- It’s an easy, handheld breakfast.
- You can bake these breakfast treats in no more than 5 minutes in your trusty air fryer – no kidding!
- You will love the tang of the ketchup with the melted cheese and crusty bread.
Here are the 4 ingredients needed to make this easy air fryer breakfast recipe
- Sliced sandwich bread
- Sliced cheese
How to Make Air Fryer Breakfast Pizzas in 3 Easy Steps –
**Full, printable recipe card below – just scroll on down within this post to find it!
- Lay the slices of bread across the air fryer rack (I do four at a time); place a slice of cheese on top of each piece of toast, then drizzle ketchup over the cheese; sprinkle with oregano.
- Air fry the pizzas for about 5 minutes, keeping a close eye of them, just until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and golden brown on top. Enjoy at once.
Which tools are helpful for making air fryer breakfast pizzas?
Well, an air fryer is very helpful. (Ha Ha) We use and love the Cuisinart TOA-60, which is a rack-style air fryer, not a basket-style.
What kind of bread is best for making air fryer breakfast pizzas?
We use whatever we have on hand…any kind of sandwich bread works fine, though a thicker bread does make the pizzas a little easier to hold and eat.
Can I use any kind of cheese to make breakfast pizzas?
Sure thing! We usually always have cheddar on hand, so that’s what we use. However, I’ve also tried mozzarella, Swiss, provolone and Havarti – all delicious!
Is it ok to use shredded cheese if I don’t have sliced cheese on hand?
Yes!! It is a little more messy, but totally fine.
Can I add meat to these pizzas?
Any type of cooked meat works great on these pizzas. I’d add it on top of the cheese, just before squirting on the ketchup.
When we add meat to these breakfast pizzas, we like cooked chopped ham, sausage crumbles, or even pepperoni and salami. More meat adds more protein!
What about different types of bread for making these breakfast pizzas…can I do that?
Yes. I’ve even used hamburger and hot dog buns to make these little pizzas. Texas toast make a nice, fat crust, too. You can use any sandwich bread you have on hand – I especially like the breads that are more dense so the crust of the pizza is a little more chewy.
Can I make breakfast pizzas in the oven instead of the air fryer?
Yep, and here’s how:
- Turn on your broiler.
- Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet, then into the oven, letting the broiler toast the bread on one side; flip the bread over and let it toast on the second side. **Watch the bread closely it literally takes just seconds to toast it!
- Lay the slices of cheese on the toasted bread, drizzle the cheese with ketchup, then sprinkle on the oregano.
- Broil the pizzas for a minute or so, just until the cheese is melted, bubbly and golden brown. Eat at once!
What’s so great about an air fryer anyway??
Plenty! Learn all about it, and why you need one right here! We’ve had out for 5 years and couldn’t be without it now.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Enjoy –
- Air Fryer Pizza Balls
- MARINATED STEAK BITES
- CRISPY FISH WITH TARTAR SAUCE
- SUGAR DONUTS
- FREE-STYLE MEXICAN PIZZAS
- BREAKFAST POTATOES WITH BACON
- PULLED PORK NACHOS
- MAPLE-BACON BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Air Fryer Breakfast Pizzas
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Ketchup to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Spread the slices of bread out over the air fryer rack; top each slice of toast with a slice of cheese, then drizzle with the desired amount of ketchup; sprinkle with oregano.**If desired, bread can be toasted lightly before topping with the ingredients. This makes a pizza that's much more crunchy. The adult me like the more crunchy version, the kid me liked the non-toasted version!
- Air fry the pizzas for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees, keeping a close eye on them, just until the cheese is melted, golden brown, and bubbly. Eat at once!
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected].
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read my disclaimer here.