Here’s a super fast and easy skillet meal that will steal the show. Korean Kielbasa Veggie Stir Fry makes the perfect all-in-one dinner for your hungry family that can be served any time of year.
Korean Kielbasa Veggie Stir Fry Recipe
HOWDY! CHEF ALLI HERE. LET’S GET YOU COOKIN’…. SHALL WE?? 🙂
Dinner never goes away. Day after day, us moms have to figure out what to cook to keep our hungry families well fed. The task can seem daunting and it’s why I’m continually on the lookout for good one-pan meal recipes.
Sizzle Steaks with Mushrooms is a great beef one-skillet recipe and if you enjoy rich and luscious pasta in minutes, be sure to give my Creamy Tortellini Pasta Skillet a try, too….so darn easy and yummy.
Oh! And if you love mac and cheese, please don’t skip my Skillet-Style Mac and Cheese! If you want to make it a complete meal, add some Kielbasa sausage slices or some small cocktail sausages.
AN EASY MEAT AND VEGETABLE SKILLET MEAL TO MAKE
This kielbasa skillet meal is simple and quick to make because it’s just a few steps and only requires a few ingredients. You’ve got dinner ready in a flash and your family will be all over it. And after dinner, there’s just one skillet to wash!
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- Kielbasa is a fully cooked sausage at the time of purchase, making it super fast at dinner time since you just have to reheat it and that takes just minutes.
- The sausage and veggies are delicious with the tangy sweetness of the sauce.
- All you need is one pan to make this easy skillet meal.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Kielbasa sausage (any fully cooked sausage works great)
- Bell peppers
- Sesame oil
- Bread and butter pickle slices
- Sesame seeds, optional
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SKILLET MEAL THE BEST IT CAN BE
- Don’t ever skip the very first step of browning off the sausages before going further with the recipe. This is where the sausage caramelizes and this adds TONS of flavor to the recipe.
- To make browning the sausages extra quick and easy, be sure both the skillet AND the oil is hot before adding the sausages.
- You can substitute any type of fully cooked sausage for the Kielbasa sausage in this recipe, such as Polish sausage, smoked sausage, or andouille sausage, just to name a few.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING KOREAN KIELBASA VEGGIE SKILLET MEAL
**PRINT THE FULL RECIPE FROM THE RECIPE CARD AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST
Cut the peppers into chunks and the carrots into thin coins. Slice the Kielbasa sausage on the bias into 1/2-inch thick coins.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, add a good drizzle of sesame oil. When the oil is nicely hot, add the sausage coins and cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned and sizzling.
Add the prepared veggies and cook until the veggies have softened and caramelized a bit, 3-4 minutes or so.
Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the ketchup and pickles. Cook until hot throughout and the sauce is beginning to thicken and caramelize. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve at once.
ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT THIS RECIPE
WHICH TOOLS ARE HELPFUL FOR MAKING SKILLET MEALS?
My favorite type of heavy-duty skillet is a Lodge 12-inch cast iron skillet. I use mine all the time! It’s great for stove top cooking as well as in the oven for a skillet meal like this one. I love how cast iron really holds the heat so it can give superior browning to meat – this adds tons of flavor!
Silicone Spatula Spoons – Of all the tools in my kitchen, silicone spatula spoons are what I use the most. They make stirring and sautéing a breeze and I love all the pretty silicone colors available. Silicone spatula spoons are completely heat-proof so they won’t melt, even when used over high temperatures. I like to have different sizes on hand for different kitchen tasks – soooo handy!
Wooden cutting board – for slicing the sausages (and for slicing any other type of meat, as well) you’ll want a large cutting board that has a channel around the edge. The channel is where the juices from the meat can gather, keeping them from running off the cutting board and making a mess.
**When purchasing good quality knives, know that it’s a great kitchen investment if taken care of properly, good knives are a lifetime purchase. I know it seems like a lot of cash upfront, but it sure pays off quickly, and you’ll enjoy prep work a whole lot more if you’ve got a good knife in your hands.
Other Recipes to Try
- Fried Kielbasa and Cabbage
- Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa Sausage Bites
- Instant Pot Kielbasa Sausage with Potatoes and Green Beans
Printable Korean Kielbasa Veggie Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 lb. beef or turkey Kielbasa sausage or smoked sausage sliced on the bias into 1/2-inch coins
- 1 yellow onion cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots sliced into thin coins
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeds and membranes removed, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper seeds and membranes removed, cut into chunks
- sesame oil for sautéing
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sliced bread and butter pickles or substitute sliced dill pickles
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add a good drizzle of sesame oil. When the oil is nicely hot, add the sausage coins and cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned and sizzling.
- Add the prepared veggies and cook until the veggies have softened and caramelized a bit, 3-4 minutes or so.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the ketchup and pickles. Cook until hot throughout and the sauce is beginning to thicken and caramelize. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve at once.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected].
LET’S GET YOU COOKIN’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. We may receive a small compensation when you use these links. This really helps us keep the recipe blog moving forward. Thank you so much!