Looking for the perfect party appetizer for holiday gatherings? Pork Tenderloin Crostini with Goat Cheese and Pepper Jelly is your ticket. This easy appetizer looks elegant and festive, yet requires only a few ingredients. Assemble in just minutes, too!
Pork Tenderloin Crostini Recipe
This recipe is the perfect appetizer for any gathering, especially New Year’s Eve.
I like making my pork tenderloin ahead of time with this Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin recipe.
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- You only need 5 ingredients.
- This appetizer only takes minutes to assemble and its so easy.
- Impressive presentation!
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS EASY APPETIZER RECIPE
- Pork tenderloin
- Toasted baguette slices
- Goat cheese
- Hot pepper jelly
- Fresh thyme, optional, as a garnish
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING PORK TENDERLOIN CROSTINI
To make the crostini, place the toasted baguette slices onto a serving platter, top each one with a slather of goat cheese, then add a slice of pork tenderloin.
Spoon a bit of pepper jelly on top of the pork, the garnish with a few fresh thyme leaves, if desired.
Crostini can be made 1-2 hours before serving. Place into refrigeration until ready to serve.
ANSWERS TO COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT THIS RECIPE
ARE PORK LOIN AND PORK TENDERLOIN THE SAME THING?
No! Read this post to learn how they are completely different cuts of meat and how knowing this is helpful when cooking each one of them!
HOW DO YOU COOK PORK TENDERLOIN?
Pork tenderloin is very versatile. You can cook it in a skillet or in the oven and it’s also delicious on the grill/smoker. We enjoy Roast Pork Tenderloin and Potato Skillet as an oven meal, and also Roast Pork Tenderloin and Sweet Potatoes as a sheet pan meal.
If you’ve got an electric pressure cooker, you can make Instant Pot Cuban Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans and Rice in just minutes. Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Apple Cider Glaze is super easy, too.
Any fully cooked pork tenderloin, no matter how it’s cooked (oven, skillet, Instant Pot, grill etc), works fine for this recipe.
WHAT IS THE PERFECT INTERNAL TEMPERATURE FOR PORK? IS IT STILL 160 DEGREES F. AT THE CENTER?
NOOOO!! The USDA says we can now safely cook all pork just until it’s 140-145 degrees F. at the center. Pork cooked to this temperature will have a slight pink tinge to the meat and that is perfect! No more gray, overcooked, funky pork – hallelujah!
To be sure your pork is cooked to that perfect 140-145 degree temperature, you’ll need to remove it from the cooking source (grill, oven, grill pan, etc) when the pork has an internal temperature of 130-135 degrees. Then, tent the pork with foil and let it rest.
During this resting time, the pork will raise 5-10 more degrees in internal temperature, finishing out at that perfect 140-145 degrees F.
MORE FAVORITE RECIPES TO ENJOY
- ROAST BEEF PICNIC PINWHEELS
- SOUTHERN PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD
- PORK TENDERLOIN MEDALLIONS WITH APPLE CIDER GLAZE
- BUTTER BOARD WITH SPREADABLE CHEESE AND JAM
Pork Tenderloin Crostini with Goat Cheese and Pepper Jelly
- 1 fully-cooked pork tenderloin, about one lb.
- 12 lightly toasted baguette slices about ¼-inch thick
- 8 oz. goat cheese log chilled, sliced into rounds about ¼-inch thick
- Your favorite hot pepper jelly
- To make the crostini, place the toasted baguette slices onto a serving platter, top with pork tenderloin
- slices and goat cheese, then spoon on a bit of pepper jelly; serve. Can be made ahead 1-2 hours and
- placed into refrigeration until ready to serve.