Instant Pot Potato Salad
You are just 4 minutes away from delicious and creamy potato salad made with red potatoes……right in your Instant Pot. Hard-boiling the eggs while cooking the potatoes at the same time leads to homemade potato salad in a hurry!
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? ?
Things to Love About this Creamy Potato Salad Recipe –
- It’s a classic summer side dish.
- It’s speedy!
- You’ll probably have most of the ingredients right in your pantry.
What ingredients will you need to make Instant Pot Potato Salad?
- Red potatoes
- Chicken broth or water
- Sour cream
- Spicy brown mustard
- Dill pickle juice
- Granulated onion
- Dried dill
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Instant Pot Potato Salad in 3 Easy Steps
- Cook the cubed potatoes with the eggs in the Instant Pot; drain and cool. Peel the hard boiled eggs, then chop them.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing.
- In a large serving bowl, gently combine the potatoes, red onion, celery and chopped eggs with the prepared dressing. Chill, as desired, or serve at once.
A Few Mistakes to Avoid When Making Potato Salad
- Don’t add potatoes to boiling liquid; instead cover the potatoes with cold water or broth, bringing them up to boiling together. This technique allows the potatoes to cook evenly all the way through, ensuring they are not undercooked on the inside and mushy on the outside. Once the liquid is boiling, reduce it to a simmer to finish cooking the potatoes.
- Don’t use starchy potatoes for making potato salad. Starchy potatoes, such as Russet potatoes, tend to fall apart. A more “waxy” type of potato, such as the red potatoes in this recipe works better since they have the ability to hold their shape.
- If you’re using a mayonnaise-based potato salad dressing, don’t toss warm potatoes with it. The heat from the warm potatoes will create an oily texture in your potato salad. If you’re making a potato salad that offers a vinaigrette dressing, do dress the potatoes while still warm so they are better able to absorb the dressing.
- Don’t serve potato salad before you season it properly. Potato salad always needs a good seasoning of salt and pepper before it hits the table.
Other Summer Salad Recipes to Enjoy –
- Creamy Chipotle Pasta Salad with Shredded Chicken and Smoked Gouda
- Potato Salad with Broccoli and and Tangy Mustard Dressing
- Summer Corn Salad
- Tortellini Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Corn and Basil
- Crunchy Corn Salad
- Sweet Corn and Baby Pea Salad with Jicama
- Delta Cornbread Salad
- Grandma Lucille’s German Potato Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Chicken Salad with Red Grapes and Walnuts
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Grilled Steak
- Grandma Lucille’s Ham Salad
- Broccoli Potato Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- BLT Pasta Salad (Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Pasta Salad)
Printable Directions for Making Instant Pot Potato Salad
Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 2 1/2 lbs red potatoes peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 large large eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise I prefer Hellman's mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs. spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tbs. dill pickle juice
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the steamer basket into the Instant Pot, then add the broth. Add the cubed potatoes to the steamer basket, then top the potatoes with the eggs; lock the Instant Pot lid into place.
- Choose the high pressure setting for 4 minutes, bringing the Instant Pot up to full pressure. When the timer sounds, perform a quick release to remove all the pressure from the Instant Pot.
- Unlock and carefully remove the Instant Pot lid; immediately remove the hard-boiled eggs to a bowl of ice water. Drain the potatoes, placing them into a large bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the mayo, mustard, sour cream, pickle juice, dried dill and granulated onion; season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Peel and chop the hard-boiled eggs, combining them with the celery, red onion, and potatoes in large mixing bowl; gently toss with the prepared dressing.
- Garnish the potato salad with a little paprika and more dill, if desired. Chill for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
For a quick peek at ALL my salad recipes (because I do love me some summer salads!), Click Right Here.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected].