Talk about a crazy flavorful chicken soup! Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup with White Beans and Cilantro is and easy dinner recipe.
The meat from a rotisserie chicken with just a few additional ingredients gets this meal on the table in a hurry. Add a good crusty bread and call it good.
Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup with White Beans and Cilantro Recipe
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? ?
Rotisserie chicken can be a girl’s best friend. I love having one on hand in my fridge so I can whip out emergency meals. (Surely dinner at your house is considered an emergency sometimes? Keeping the clan fed and happy isn’t always easy, is it?)
Enter a fat and juicy rotisserie chicken. You can pull the meat from the bones and make so many yummy things! I use cooked, shredded chicken in a ka-jillion soups – you can actually use it in any recipe that calls for cooked, chopped (or shredded) chicken.
We are huge fans of Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles, as well as White Chicken and Rice Chili, both of which can be made using the meat from a rotisserie chicken. Since the meat is fully cooked already, it can just be stirred in at the end of nearly any recipe.
If you’re a fan of skillet meals, use rotisserie chicken to make the Chunky Chicken Burrito Skillet . If it’s casseroles that you’re family likes, try my Tasty Tex Mex Chicken Cornbread Casserole.
Things to Love About this Speedy Chicken Soup Recipe –
- It’s one of the very best ways to use the meat from a rotisserie chicken.
- Because the meat from a rotisserie chicken is already cooked, you can skip that step of your recipe, getting dinner on the table much more quickly!
- This is a pretty basic low-fat soup, yet the flavors absolutely deliver.
What Ingredients Do You Need to Make Rotisserie Chicken Soup?
- Rotisserie chicken
- A yellow onion
- Ground cumin
- Oregano leaves
- Chicken broth
- Diced tomatoes, preferably petite diced tomatoes
- Cooked white beans or garbanzo beans
- Fresh cilantro
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken Soup with White Beans and Cilantro in 3 Easy Steps –
- Pull the meat from the bones of the rotisserie chicken; reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a stock pot, saute the onions with the spices, then stir in the reserved chicken; add the remaining ingredients, bringing the soup to a simmer.
- Stir in the cilantro, remove from the heat, and serve at once.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making Chicken Soup
- Are garbanzo beans the same thing as chick peas?
- Can I double this recipe?
- How long will this soup keep in the fridge? Does it freeze well?
- Does this soup reheat well as leftovers?
- Could I substitute cooked pulled pork for the shredded chicken, possibly?
- Instead of a rotisserie chicken, can I just cook chicken at home for making this soup?
If you opt to substitute garbanzo beans or chick peas in place of the white beans, know that garbanzo beans and chick peas are one and the same and can be used interchangeably in most recipes.
I double this recipe all the time so we can have leftovers on hand in the fridge. I like to store this soup in a pitcher in my fridge so it’s quick and easy to pour into a bowl when I need a snack.
Rotisserie Chicken Soup with White Beans and Cilantro will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months. This is a great recipe to use for a soup swap!
This soup reheats perfectly, either in the microwave or on the stove top.
Any cooked and shredded meat can be used in this recipe – we usually use chicken, but pulled pork would also be delicious.
If you don’t happen to have a rotisserie chicken on hand when making this soup, you can cook chicken breasts or chicken thighs to use; once the meat is fully cooked, shred or chop it and proceed with the recipe as directed.
Other Soup Recipes To Enjoy –
- Broccoli and Cheese Noodle Soup made in Your Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Sausage, Bacon and Potato Soup
- 6-Ingredient Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Chicken and Black Bean Fideo Soup
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken and Black Bean Fideo Soup
Printable Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup with White Beans and Cilantro Recipe
Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup with White Beans and Cilantro
- 2 cups fully-cooked shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano flakes
- 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 15 oz. can canellini beans, navy beans, or chick peas well drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Chopped cilantro to taste
- In a stock pot over medium high heat, add oil; when oil is hot, add onion and cumin, cooking until onion is softened a bit.
- Stir in the shredded, cooked chicken, cooking for a minute or so, add the tomatoes, white beans or chick peas and the broth. Bring the soup to a simmer then reduce the heat to low. Stir in cilantro and serve.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.