Here’s an easy chicken recipe that’s super simple to make, baked in one pan, and prepped in just 10 minutes. Big Santa Fe Chicken Bake is the perfect easy dinner idea for any crazy weeknight. This is a great chicken breast recipe, but chicken thighs work just great, too.
Big Santa Fe Chicken Bake Recipe –
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We?? 🙂
Casseroles. Who can survive without them? I know we can’t! Life is just too hectic anymore. If you follow this blog, you know that I’ve got tons of casserole recipes here.
Some of our favorites?? Oh gosh….where should I begin? Just recently, I made Grandma’s Creamed Chicken and Biscuits. It was a big hit with my guys.
If your fam likes ground beef casseroles, give The Cowgirl Casserole Meal a whirl. And another yummy ground beef casserole is Tex Mex Cornbread Casserole. We adore all things Tex Mex and Mexican around here!
What to love about this recipe –
- Prep time is a mere 10 minutes.
- This is straight-up comfort food.
- Everything is bake in a single pan.
Which ingredients do you need to make this easy chicken breast recipe?
- Cornbread stuffing
- Chopped, cooked chicken
- Diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream style corn
- Sour cream
- Ground cumin
- Shredded Colby Jack or cheddar cheese
How to make Big Chicken Santa Fe Bake in just 4 easy steps –
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix together all the ingredients (except for the cheese), combining well.
- Spread the prepared mixture into a greased 11×7 baking dish; cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and sprinkle the casserole with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the casserole rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh salsa, sour cream, and cilantro, if desired.
Common Questions Asked About This Recipe
If I don’t have an 11×7 baking dish, can I use a 9×13 pan instead?
You sure can. Just know that the casserole won’t be quite as thick since you have to spread it out further in a 9×13 pan. Since it’s going to be a thinner layer that’s baking, reduce the cooking time by 5-8 minutes or so.
Could I bake this casserole in a cast iron skillet?
Yep, and I do it all the time. It looks super rustic and guests really enjoy it when you set that big skillet down in the middle of the dinner table before them. I use my 12-inch Lodge cast iron skillet and bake it for the same time as this recipe instructs.
Can I use pork instead of chicken in this recipe?
Cooked, pulled pork works super great in this recipe. I’ve substituted cooked, shredded pork (pulled pork) in place of the cooked chicken in this dish lots of times – it’s delicious and a great way to use leftover cooked pork.
More Favorite Recipes to Enjoy –
- EASY HAM AND CORN CHOWDER
- BIG ISLAND MOJO PORK TENDERLOIN
- AIR FRYER FROZEN FISH WITH PARMESAN CRUMBLES
- GRANDMA’S CREAMED CHICKEN AND BISCUITS
- TEX MEX CORNBREAD CASSEROLE
- SO-EASY AIR FRYER PIZZA BREADSTICKS
- TACO MEAT PARTY PINWHEELS
Printable Big Santa Fe Chicken Bake Recipe –
Big Santa Fe Chicken Bake
- 6 oz. pkg. Stove Top Stuffing Cornbread may substitute any flavor of Stove Top Stuffing
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (may substitute chopped, cooked chicken thighs)
- 2 – 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes and green chilies drained
- 10.5 oz. can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 14 oz. can cream style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix together all the ingredients except the shredded cheese; combine well.
- Spread the prepared mixture into a greased 11×7 baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes; let the casserole rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected].
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. I may receive a small compensation when you use these links. This really helps me keep my recipe blog moving forward. Thank you so much!
Leave a Reply