Are you a fan of black bean and corn salsa? If so, you’re gonna love this Black Bean Salad with Corn. A favorite corn salad recipe at our house, this Mexican corn salad is a black bean salad that’s flavorful, simple, and super easy to make.
Black Bean Salad with Corn Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We?? 🙂
Mexican, Mexican, and more Mexican! We love it all around here. Whether it’s Beef and Bean Baked Tacos, Twisted Mexican Hot Tots, or Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas for dinner, we are happy as clams.
We are also tamale fans. If you’re the same, please try out my Cheesy Chicken Tamale Casserole or Instant Pot Pork Tamales Rojos. BTW, did you know you can steam tamales in your Instant Pot in just 20 minutes?? Such a time saver.
3 good reasons to love this recipe –
- You can make this salad in just minutes.
- It keeps well in the fridge.
- It’s super crunchy!
What ingredients do you need to make Black Bean Salad with Corn?
- Black Beans
- Jicama, optional
- Green onions
- Dressing: red wine vinegar, oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic, lime juice, salsa, salt and pepper
How to Make Black Bean Salad with Corn in 3 Easy Steps
- Gently toss the salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar or dressing cruet.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the salad ingredients; toss once more to combine.
Common Questions Asked About
What is jicama?
- Jicama is called a Mexican potato. Jicama is very crunchy so it gives this Mexican corn salad lots and lots of great texture. You can also serve jicama cut into sticks as part of a veggie tray – it’s delicious served with any type of dip.
Where will I find jicama at the grocery store?
- Great question. You will find jicama in the produce department, usually close to where you’ll find other Mexican or Hispanic ingredients – avocados, tomatoes, etc. I’ve also found it close to where the cilantro is, too. You may have to ask your produce guy where he keeps it.
If I can’t find jicama at my local grocer, will this salad still taste good?
- Completely and totally. It won’t be quite as crunchy without the jicama, but still entirely delicious.
Can I substitute other types of beans if I don’t have black beans on hand?
- Yep. I have made this salad using chili beans and pinto beans in place of the black beans (or even in addition to!) and it’s delicious.
How long will this salad keep in the fridge?
- Well, if it lasts this long, it will easily keep for 3-4 days in refrigeration.
How should I serve Black Bean Salad with Corn?
- You can serve it as is, or on a bed of baby greens. I’ve used this salad as a topping for baked potatoes and also over baked fish – delicious! Sometimes I even eat it with tortilla chips.
More Favorite Mexican Recipes to Enjoy –
- ONE-PAN NACHO CHICKEN DINNER
- CRUNCHY QUESADILLA WRAPS
- INSTANT POT EASY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
- SECRET-INGREDIENT REFRESHING PITCHER MARGARITAS
- SMOKY CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN CHILI
Printable Black Bean Salad with Corn Recipe –
Black Bean Salad with Corn
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed well
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn thawed
- 1 cup peeled jicama diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. salsa
- In large mixing bowl, prepared the black bean salad by combining the black beans, corn, jicama, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro.
- In a salad dressing cruet or a jar with a tight fitting lid, add the dressing ingredients; shake to combine well. Pour the prepared dressing over the black bean salad; gently toss to combine. Let the salad season for at least 1-2 hours before serving. Salad is best served at room temperature.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. I may receive a small compensation when you use these links. This really helps me keep my recipe blog moving forward. Thank you so much!
free spins evolution
Their operation has produced them earn recognition across the globe and
not just in the UK.
I love this recipe!
Hi Karen –
Thanks for letting me know you enjoy this salad – it’s one of my favorites, too!
Let’s Keep Cookin’,