Beef tacos. Chicken tacos. Bean tacos. We love them ALL! Beef and Bean Baked Tacos are a family-favorite, and an easy and delicious sheet pan dinner that you’ll be making again and again.
Beef and Bean Baked Tacos Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We?? 🙂
Yep, I’m adding yet ANOTHER Mexican food recipe to my blog today. Maybe you’ve noticed that my family ADORES Mexican food – seems like we can never get enough!
I’m especially excited for this new Beef and Bean Baked Tacos recipe since it’s a good sheet pan dinner to have in my repertoire for when I need to be getting dinner on the table in a hurry.
This recipe came to me by way of my Sister, Lori Eck, (also known as Grandma La La) who made them for my birthday dinner recently. I took pics as soon as she got them out of the oven – talk about yummy! You family is going to love this easy dinner recipe.
If you’re a quesadilla fan, you will love Oven-Baked Taco Quesadillas. Once I learned how to make quesadillas on a sheet pan instead of cooking them one-at-a-time on the stove, I’ve never looked back….it’s glorious to do them a better, faster way.
Betty’s Enchilada Bake is a great ground beef casserole that’s super kid-friendly. If you’ve got some leftover pulled pork that you’d like to use up, be sure to try my recipe for Air Fryer Pulled Pork Nachos – they are yummy!
3 good reasons to love this recipe –
- It’s a sheet pan meal….yay!!
- Everybody loves a good ground beef recipe…am I right?
- South of the border flavors abound.
What ingredients do you need to make Beef and Bean Baked Tacos?
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Taco shells….preferably with flat bottoms
- Refried beans
- Oregano leaves, optional
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- Your favorite taco toppings, such as pico de gallo, sour cream, sliced olives, etc.
How to Make Beef and Bean Baked Tacos in 3 Easy Steps
- Cook and crumble the ground beef in a skillet until fully cooked throughout; drain any fats that accumulate. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the beef, then stir in 1/2 cup water; simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the refried beans until soft and pliable; add oregano if using.
- Place the taco shells onto a rimmed baking sheet; divide the ground beef mixture between them, then top the ground beef with refried beans and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake the tacos for 10 minutes in a preheated 375 degree F. oven. Add your favorite toppings and serve at once!
Common Questions Asked About
Can I use other types of ground meat in this recipe?
- Yes. I often use ground venison in place of the ground beef since my guys are hunters. You can use ground chicken or turkey, ground bison, ground pork – any type of ground meat will work great.
If I don’t have a rimmed baking sheet, what else could I use to bake the tacos?
- Feel free to use any type of baking dish, cookie sheet, or even a skillet for baking the tacos. I really like using my cast iron skillets for making baked tacos. This is the type of rimmed baking sheet that I prefer.
Can I use any kind of taco shells in this recipe? What if they don’t have flat bottoms?
- Yes, any type of taco shells will work fine. I like the taco shells with flat bottoms since they stand up so much better. If you’re using regular taco shells, you may have to lean the tacos against each other and use a baking dish that has sides that are taller than a rimmed baking sheet does.
Is there a kitchen tool that makes filling the taco shells easier?
Great question! I actually use a cookie dough scoop for this task. This allows you to hold the taco shell with one hand, using the other to fill the taco shell. Easy-peasy!
More Favorite Mexican Recipes to Enjoy –
- MEXICAN CHEESE BREAD
- SOUTHWEST CUTLETS WITH CALICO RICE
- EASY SMOKED QUESO DIP
- CHUNKY CHICKEN BURRITO SKILLET MEAL
- TEX MEX CAULIFLOWER RICE WITH GROUND BEEF
Printable Beef and Bean Baked Tacos Recipe –
Beef and Bean Baked Tacos
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 oz. pkg. taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 8 crispy taco shells with flat bottoms
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 1 tsp. oregano leaves optional
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- Your favorite taco toppings such as pico de gallo, sour cream, lettuce, sliced olives, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Over medium high heat, cook the ground beef in a skillet, crumbling the beef as it cooks. Brown the beef until fully cooked throughout and no pink remains; drain any fats that accumulate.Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top of the cooked and drained ground beef; stir in the water. Simmer the taco mixture on low for 5-10 minutes.
- While the beef is simmering, heat the refried beans until warm and pliable, add the oregano if using.
- Place the taco shells onto a rimmed sheet pan. Using a cookie dough scoop, divide the prepared ground beef mixture between the taco shells, then top the ground beef with some of the refried beans; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake the tacos, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the shells are golden brown and the cheese on top is fully melted.Remove the tacos from the oven and top with your favorite toppings. Serve at once.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. I may receive a small compensation when you use these links. This really helps me keep my recipe blog moving forward. Thank you so much!