Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Whether you’re hungry for a speedy weeknight meal or a tasty game-day bite, these Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders have your name written all over them! They’re packed with flavor, done in less than twenty minutes, and they can even be made from (sshhhhhh!) frozen chicken breasts. If that’s not fast, fresh, and fabulous, I don’t know what is! #InstantPot #BuffaloChicken #sliders
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli here. Let’s Get You Cookin’…..Shall We? 🙂
We have been crazy for Buffalo Chicken lately – this slightly-spicy chicken is so delicious when paired with creamy ranch dressing, shredded cheddar cheese, and sliced scallions. These sliders will be a hit at your next watch party or game day event – just you wait and see.
I loving making Buffalo Chicken Sliders in my Instant Pot. Especially since I can cook FROZEN chicken breasts in only 10 minutes, having this meal on the table in less than 2o minutes – no joke! I’m always on the look out for 30 minutes (or less!) meals and this one is definitely a winner.
Crank Up The Pressure for Buffalo Chicken!
Choose the manual setting on High Pressure for 5 minutes, bringing the Instant Pot to full pressure. During this time you can prep your slider toppings. Toast the buns. Shred some sharp cheddar cheese. Chop scallions. Whip up some ranch dressing. Then, when the timer sounds, use a natural release for 5 minutes to let your chicken breasts rest and relax a bit, making them nice and tender. Carefully open the Instant Pot and remove the chicken breasts from the pot, placing them onto a cutting board. Your chicken is ready to shred!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sauce –
Remove a small portion of the liquids remaining in the pot to a small bowl. Add in the cornstarch, whisking until smooth; return this mixture to the pot. Using the sauté setting on the Instant Pot, simmer the liquids, whisking until smooth and thickened. It will smell heavenly!
Meanwhile, shred the chicken on the cutting board, using your fingers (if cool enough) or two forks (I really like my Foley Fork); return the shredded chicken to the pot and combine with the thickened Buffalo sauce.
To assemble sliders, top each slider roll as desired with the Ranch dressing, cheese, buffalo chicken, and a sprinkling of scallions. Serve warm.
Need a low-carb option? Buffalo Chicken is delicious served bun-less, too! Just put it in a bowl with your favorite toppings and dig in.
Buffalo Chicken Makes A Delicious Nacho Platter, Too.
We like to spread tortilla chips over a sheet pan, then top them with warm Buffalo chicken and all our favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sliced black olives, chopped scallions, chopped cilantaro, avocado, salsa, etc. Pop the sheet pan into a preheated 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted and bubbly. Serve at once….with sour cream and guacamole!
Easy Recipe Tips for Making Instant Pot Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sliders
How long do I cook the chicken in the Instant Pot if the chicken breasts are frozen solid?
When cooking chicken breasts from frozen, you’ll want to double the cooking time in this recipe to 10 minutes. Place the chicken breasts side by side in the Instant Pot, or just overlapping, instead of directly on top of each other. Once the time sounds, let the chicken rest using a 5 minute Natural Release before removing any remaining pressure.
Are these Buffalo Chicken sliders good with bleu cheese dressing instead of Ranch?
Absolutely. Bleu cheese with the Buffalo sauce is delicious and also my favorite combination. However, my family loves Ranch dressing so it’s sometimes easier to just roll with that.
Can we use other types of shredded cheese on these sliders?
Yes. I use what I have on hand, typically. Besides cheddar, we also like mozzarella on these sliders because it’s super mild, as well as provolone cheese.
What about other meats? Could this recipe be made using pork instead of chicken?
You bet! I think this recipe would be delicious using pork butt since it shreds so nicely once it’s cooked! And, pork pairs well with buffalo sauce, too. Go for it!
Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in this recipe?
Yessssss. And I do it all the time….when my family isn’t looking. They seem to like the white meat (breasts) better than the dark meat (thighs), but I think chicken thighs have way more flavor. I try to stock my freezer with boneless, skinless chicken thighs whenever they go on sale.
OTHER RECIPE FAVORITES TO ENJOY –
- GOOD AND SAUCY VENISON BACON POPPERS
- TORTILLA BRATS WRAPS WITH SMOKY MUSTARD
- COUNTRY FRIED STEAK FINGERS WITH CREAM GRAVY
- SAVORY-SWEET BACON CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS
- ONE-PAN MEAT LOVERS PIZZA GNOCCHI
- BEEF PATTY MELT SLIDERS WITH SECRET SAUCE
Printable Directions for Making Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed (may substitute 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 Tbs. dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese optional
- scallions, sliced optional
- ranch dressing optional
- 8 slider buns
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, hot sauce, and garlic; pour this mixture into the Instant Pot.
- Now place chicken breasts into the Instant Pot; sprinkle the dry ranch dressing mix over the chicken breasts.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid into place. Using the manual button, choose the high pressure setting for 10 minutes, bringing the Instant Pot to full pressure. (If you are cooking frozen chicken breasts for this recipe, you will need to double the Instant Pot cooking time to 20 minutes.)
- When the timer sounds, use a full natural release for 5 minutes, then a quick release to remove any remaining pressure from the Instant Pot. Carefully unlock and remove the Instant Pot lid; remove the chicken breasts from the pot, placing them onto a cutting board.
- Remove a small portion of the liquids remaining in the pot to a small bowl; whisk in the cornstarch until smooth, then return this mixture to the Instant Pot. Using the sauté setting, simmer until the sauce is thickened, whisking until smooth.
- Meanwhile, using two forks, shred the chicken on the cutting board; return the shredded chicken to the pot and combine with the thickened sauce.
- To assemble the sliders, top each slider bun as desired the buffalo chicken, cheese, ranch dressing, and a sprinkling of scallions; serve at once.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com