Have you searched all the beef slider recipes far and wide? Or maybe you’d like to know how to make slider patties? This recipe has got you covered! Beef Patty Melt Sliders with Secret Sauce are oven-baked, full of ground beef, caramelized onions and melted cheese.
Beef Patty Melt Sliders with Secret Sauce Recipe
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? ?
Then, just the other day, something new came to mind. What about sliders fashioned after the popular grilled sandwich – The Patty Melt! I couldn’t make them fast enough.
Beef Patty Melt Sliders were an absolute hit and my family devoured an entire pan in mere minutes. Success!
What to Love About This Recipe –
- It’s a great ground beef recipe.
- People get so excited over sliders!
- Quick and easy comfort food.
What Are the Main Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Patty Melt Sliders?
- Slider buns
- Ground beef
- Balsamic vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Spicy brown mustard
- BBQ sauce
How to Make Patty Melt Sliders in 5 Quick Steps
- Cook, crumble, and season the ground beef.
- Caramelize the sliced onions with the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.
- Make the secret sauce and spread it on the slider buns.
- Top the slider buns with the prepared ground beef mixture, caramelized onions, and cheese.
- Bake the sliders until hot and melted throughout. Serve at once!
Easy Recipe Tips for Making Baked Sliders
- What is a good way to keep sliders warm when serving them?
- How can I keep my bottom slider buns from getting soggy?
- How many sliders are considered a serving?
- Can I adjust this recipe by cutting it in half or by doubling it for a larger group?
- Can you freeze sliders and bake them later?
- Is ground beef the only meat that’s good for making Patty Melt Sliders?
To keep the sliders warm when serving them, wrap them individually in foil and place them in a slow cooker on the warm setting. Since sliders are small (and people usually eat 2), you can even wrap up two at a time to save foil and make the job quicker.
Sometimes the bottom slider buns can get a little big soggy from the sauce and also from the melted butter. To remedy this, place the bottom buns into the greased baking dish and then into a 350 degree F. oven; bake for 10 minutes to slightly crisp up the buns.
Since sliders are small, I always plan for 2 sliders per female guest and 3 sliders for each male guest.
This recipe is easy to cut in half or to double – it works great either way.
If you’d like to make sliders and freeze them to bake later – go for it. Just remember that you’ll want to bake the sliders from frozen. Thawing the sliders before baking tends to make them soggy.
We usually make these sliders with ground beef (since we raise cattle) but on occasion I’ve made them with ground bison and even ground venison – still delicious. Feel free to make them with any ground meat you prefer!
More Ground Beef Recipes to Enjoy –
- Fiesta Ground Beef and Noodle Skillet
- Beefy Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- Beef and Cheese Mexican Sanchiladas
- Easy Korean Beef Bulgogi
- Speedy Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Asian Beef Bowls
- Saucy Cowboy Beans with Bacon and Beef
Printable Directions for Making Beef Patty Melt Sliders with Secret Sauce
Patty Melt Sliders with Secret Sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. slider buns 12 count
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 2 yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard or smoky mustard we love Holmes-Made Smoky Cowboy Mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. your favorite BBQ sauce
Make the Secret Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and bbq sauce; reserve.
Make the Caramelized Onions
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbs. butter and 1 Tbs. oil; when the fats are nicely hot, add the sliced onions, tossing to combine. Stir in the vinegar and brown sugar; cook the onions, stirring often, until they are nicely caramelized, approx 15-20 minutes; reserve.
Make the Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until cooked throughout and no pink remains (160 degrees F internal temperature); drain any fats that may accumulate. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and half of the reserved secret sauce; keep warm.
- Slice the slider buns in half, separating the tops from the bottoms. Place the bottom halves of the buns into a greased 9 x 13 pan; spread with the remaining secret sauce, then sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Top the cheese layer with the warm ground beef mixture, then spread the caramelized onions over the beef. Top the beef with the remaining cheese, then add the top buns halves.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter; using a silicone brush, brush the butter over the sliders; cover the pan with foil.
- Bake the sliders on the center rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until hot throughout. If you like crusty tops, remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of the baking time. Serve at once.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]