There is absolutely nothing as fast and down right delicious as a butter board. This Honey and Walnut Butter Board For Two makes an easy and intimate dessert, taking just minutes to assemble.
Honey Walnut Butter Board For Two Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’…. Shall We?? 🙂
Butter boards are spreading like wild fire in popularity. In this recipe, whipped butter is topped with sweet honey, toasted walnuts, pomegranate arials, and fresh mint.
As popular as charcuterie boards, but definitely not the same thing, butter boards are an impressive way to turn butter into your very own culinary masterpiece, the perfect appetizer that’s meant to be shared with someone you love.
This sweet and delicious honey walnut creation is just one of the countless ways to make and enjoy a butter board.
What to love about butter boards
- Who doesn’t love bread and butter?????
- The ingredient combinations are absolutely endless and they don’t need to be fancy, either.
- Customize! Butter boards are meant to created with what you’ve got on hand. If you’ve only got butter, jam and bread, who cares? It will still be super fun and fantastic.
- No cooking is involved – you can make a butter board in just minutes.
Ingredients you need to make this recipe
- Kosher salt
- Chopped Walnuts
- Pomegranate arils (seeds), optional
- Chopped fresh mint leaves
- Cinnamon raisin bread or bagels, cut into pieces
How to make a dessert butter board for two
- Whip the butter until soft and fluffy; season to taste with kosher salt. The butter should be whipped enough so that it’s very easy to swirl and spread out.
- Plop the butter onto your favorite small charcuterie board or small platter; spread it out over the center of the board until it’s about 1/2-inch in thickness, then use the back of a spoon or spreader to swirl it about and make it look “fluffy” and pretty.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, then drizzle with the warm honey; top with the pomegranate arils, fresh mint, and a light sprinkle of kosher salt over all.
- Serve at once with cinnamon raisin bread on the side.
Which tools are helpful for making butter boards?
Any type of cutting board, cheese board, charcuterie board, or platter will work for making a butter board. The size depends on the amount of ingredients you are using.
I have a small, elongated charcuterie board that works perfectly for making a small butter board for 2-3 friends.
My favorite board for charcuterie and butter boards is the one that my husband purchased for me – it’s a cool dark walnut board with a live edge that we found at at Amish store on our way to the Ozarks – I love it! It’s similar to this type.
I love my Bosch mixer! Making whipped butter takes like 30 seconds on low speed….not even kidding. (It’s so powerful I swear I could even use it for cement mix.) I also use my Bosch mixer on almost a weekly basis for making cinnamon rolls….and more cinnamon rolls…..and more cinnamon rolls!
For removing the whipped butter from the mixing bowl, use my all-time favorite kitchen tool: a silicone spatula. I have tons of silicone spatulas and spatula spoons in my kitchen in all different sizes – they work waaaaay better than a metal or wooden spoon, for sure.
You can use a spreader for fluffing and swirling the softened butter to make it look pretty, but I actually find a soup spoon to work pretty darn well, too.
Why are butter boards so popular?
Just like charcuterie boards, butter boards are fun and engaging – such a great way to entertain guests. And, like I said earlier in this post, tell me who in the world doesn’t adore bread and butter???
I think charcuterie boards (which are essentially glorified meat and cheese trays, right?) and butter boards take common ingredients and elevate them in an interactive way that makes guests feel super comfortable.
Are butter boards safe?
If you’re worried about everyone communally dipping their bread (and potentially their fingertips) into the butter board, simply lay out some small plates or dipping bowls with butter knives or spoons so guests can portion out what they want. This type of set up (using plates and serving utensils) also discourages double dipping.
More butter board variations –
- Butter Board with Spreadable Cheeses and Jam
- Smoked Salmon Butter Board
More Sweet Treat Recipes to Enjoy
- NO-BAKE LEMON CHEESECAKE BITES
- FROZEN FRUIT SORBET
- OOEY-GOOEY WARM BROWNIE COBBLER
- COCONUT CREAM PIE DIP
Printable Honey Walnut Butter Board for Two Recipe
Honey Walnut Butter Board for Two
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2-3 Tbs. honey, warm
- 2 Tbs. pomegranate arils (seeds)
- Fresh mint, chopped for garnish
- Raisin bread bread or bagels, cut into chunks for dipping into the butter board Croissants are also delicious with this butter board
- Using an electric mixer, whip the butter for 30-60 seconds or until soft and fluffy; season to taste with a bit of kosher salt.
- Spread the prepared butter over a small cutting board, charcuterie board, or platter, using the back of a spoon to swirl and “fluff” the butter, making it look pretty.
- Top the butter with walnuts, then drizzle with the warm honey. Sprinkle the pomegranate arils over the top, then garnish with fresh mint leaves and a light sprinkle of kosher salt over the top of all.
- Serve with the raisin bread bagels on the side. Enjoy!
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected].
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. We may receive a small compensation when you use these links. This really helps us keep the recipe blog moving forward. Thank you so much!
Leave a Reply