This Creamy Horseradish Sauce for Beef Tenderloin has five simple ingredients and is perfect for any prime rib or beef tenderloin roast, sandwich, or slider.
HORSERADISH Cream SAUCE for beef tenderloin
This horseradish sauce recipe gives you a luscious homemade sauce in less than 5 minutes.
WHAT TO LOVE
- A big dollop of creamy horseradish sauce makes beef tenderloin perfect, and prime rib isn’t complete without it.
- Adjust the horseradish sauce completely to your liking! If you prefer more or less horseradish, adjust it – there’s no right or wrong. If you want more tang, add more mustard!
- Use creamy horseradish sauce to amp up a sandwich, too.
- Sour cream – This makes the horseradish sauce light and extra creamy in texture.
- Mayonnaise – Use more if you want the sauce to have more body.
- Prepared horseradish – You can use freshly grated horseradish root or purchase a jar of prepared horseradish from your local grocer.
- Dijon mustard – Feel free to substitute your favorite mustard.
- Kosher salt and black pepper – Adjust to your taste.
- Fresh chives – Fresh herbs are a nice addition but optional.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY HORSERADISH SAUCE FOR BEEF TENDERLOIN
Place all the ingredients into a bowl; stir to combine until smooth.
Adjust the sauce to taste, seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
Garnish with more chopped chives. Refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!
WHAT IS HORSERADISH?
Horseradish is a root of the horseradish plant and is in the mustard family. The root has a rough exterior that is beige, while the flesh inside is white and thick.
Fresh horseradish is grated and typically stored in a vinegar brine to preserve it, though it can be dried, ground, and powdered.
WHAT DOES HORSERADISH TASTE LIKE?
Horseradish is rather difficult to describe! The best descriptor I can think of is this: PUNGENT!
Horseradish is on the spicy side, with a lot of tang. It has a big kick that can make your eyes water if you add too much to a dish.
By itself, grated horseradish isn’t especially tasty. But when combined with something creamy such as cream cheese, sour cream, or mayonnaise, horseradish makes a sauce that compliments meat.
When horseradish is combined with ketchup, you’ve got a quick and easy shrimp cocktail sauce!
WHERE DO YOU FIND HORSERADISH AT THE GROCERY STORE?
Grated horseradish (also known as prepared horseradish) is a refrigerated ingredient usually found in an area close to the meat department.
CAN YOU BUY READY-MADE HORSERADISH SAUCE AT THE GROCERY STORE?
Yes. If you don’t want to make your creamy horseradish sauce, you can purchase cream-style horseradish in the condiment section, usually close to the steak sauces.
HOW DO YOU STORE HORSERADISH SAUCE?
Store your creamy horseradish in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks. The flavor gets better with time, allowing the ingredients to meld together.
Don’t be surprised if you like this sauce even more after a few days!
MORE FAVORITE RECIPES TO ENJOY –
BEEF TENDERLOIN RUB – This sweet and savory beef tenderloin rub adds the perfect crust and an irresistible flavor to your beef tenderloin. This easy recipe requires a few on-hand spices and ingredients, including how to rub a beef tenderloin before cooking.
BEEF TRI TIP ROAST WITH CRISPY POTATOES – You will wonder where in the heck this cut of beef has been all your life, especially when you realize it slices up into heavenly slabs of STEAK….not even kidding.
OVEN ROASTED BEEF TENDERLOIN – This easy-to-follow Roasted Beef Tenderloin recipe is seared to golden brown, seasoned to perfection, and roasted in the oven. With a tender texture and rich flavors, roast beef tenderloin steaks will surely be the highlight of any special occasion or elegant dinner party.
Creamy Horseradish Sauce For Beef Tenderloin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbs. prepared horseradish
- 2 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Minced fresh chives optional
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl; stir to combine until smooth.
- Adjust the sauce to taste, seasoning with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Garnish with more chopped chives. Refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!