Homemade muffins with lots of pumpkin flavor in bite-size form….just perfect for popping into your mouth, one after the other. Mini Pumpkin Muffin Bites take just 25 minutes to make and talk about moist! Add a cup of warm cider to these pumpkin mini muffin bites on a chilly Autumn morning – so perfect.
Mini Pumpkin Muffin Bites Recipe –
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We?? 🙂
Muffin, muffin….who’s got the muffin? I do, that’s who! This recipe is just the bomb. These moist and tender little bites of heaven are absolutely impossible to resist. Who doesn’t love a good pumpkin muffin??
My family enjoys all kinds of muffins, really. One of our favorites is a chocolate muffin – Super Moist Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Muffins. If you’re peanut butter fan, I bet you might just like my Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Muffins.
Oh, and if you’ve got some bananas that are over-ripened (the blacker and mushier, the better) use them up by making Banana Muffins with Sweet Cherries.
What to love about this recipe –
- You’ll never be able to eat just one. Sorry, not sorry. 🙂
- These guys freeze like a charm. Just bake and cool, then freeze for later.
- You can double or triple this recipe – I do it all the time.
Which ingredients do I need to make Mini Pumpkin Muffins?
- Canned pumpkin, or homemade pumpkin puree
- Dark brown sugar
- Pure maple syrup
- Dry ingredients: flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, kosher salt
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Powder sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Milk, water, or orange juice
How to make Mini Pumpkin Muffin Bites in 5 easy steps –
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f. Spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with non-stick baking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and egg; whisk until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients; add to the pumpkin mixture stirring just until the ingredients are combined. Don’t over mix!!
- Using a small cookie scoop, divide the batter between the 24 mini muffin cups; bake on the center oven rack for 10-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Allow the mini muffin bites to cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla, adding the liquid a tiny amount at a time, just until the glaze is the consistency you desire, whisking until smooth. Drizzle the cooled muffin bites with the glaze, as desired; store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Common Questions Asked About This Recipe –
How long will these mini muffins keep in the freezer?
You can store these muffins in the freezer for up to 6 months if they are in a good air-tight container or freezer bags. When I’m making these muffins, I usually double or triple the recipe and then freeze some – super handy.
Can I make regular-sized pumpkin muffins instead of mini muffins? If so, how long should I bake the regular-sized muffins?
You can definitely make 12 regular-sized muffins with the batter. Increase the baking time to 19-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Two Secret Techniques for Making Moist and Tender Muffins Every Time
- Once you add the dry ingredients to the moist ingredients, do not over mix. Gently FOLD the dry ingredients into the moist ingredients, just until they are barely combined. Over working the batter by doing lots of stirring at this point makes for some tough and chewy muffins. Don’t do it!!
- Secondly, be sure you cover the hot muffins with aluminum foil immediately after you’ve removed them from the oven. The foil covering helps create condensation from residual heat that is contained and gently works its way into your muffins making them super moist.
More Favorite Recipes to Enjoy –
- 2-INGREDIENT CARAMEL STICKY BUNS
- AIR FRYER SUGAR DOUGHNUTS
- EASY ORANGE BREAKFAST CRESCENTS
- SUPER MOIST CARAMEL APPLE CAKE
- COUNTRY-STYLE CINNAMON ROLL BAKE
- SHEET PAN CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
- KRINGLE CRESCENT ROLL DESSERT
Printable Mini Pumpkin Muffin Bites Recipe
Mini Pumpkin Muffin Bites
Mini Muffin Bites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin or fresh pureed pumpkin
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- tiny smidge of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- milk, water, or orange juice
Make the Muffin Bites
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 24-count mini muffin pan with non-stick baking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and egg: whisk until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; add to the bowl with pumpkin mixture, stirring just until the ingredients are combined. Don’t over mix at this point.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop, divide the batter between the prepared mini muffin cups; bake on the center oven rack for 10-11 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.Allow the mini muffin bites to cool completely before removing them from the pan.
Make the Glaze
- In a small bowl, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla, adding the liquid a tiny amount at a time, just until the glaze is the consistency you desire, whisking until smooth. **You can make it a bit thicker if you're going to dip the tops of the muffins into the glaze, or thinner if you'd like to drizzle the glaze over the muffins.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled mini muffin bites, or invert them and dip the top of each one into the glaze. **Sometimes I add just a teeny bit of orange zest to the glaze – it really compliments the pumpkin and maple flavors well.
- Store the mini muffin bites in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends. I may receive a small compensation when you use these links. This really helps me keep my recipe blog moving forward. Thank you so much!
Leave a Reply