This hearty chicken bacon ranch soup is the perfect warm-up on a crisp Fall day. Packed with flavorful ingredients like crisped bacon, homemade ranch seasoning, and diced green chilies, you’ll never dream that it’s low-carb!
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves!
Low-Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup
All you have to say is the word “bacon” to get my men running in from their work. But this hearty soup is filled with so much more! It’s a quick recipe that can be thrown together for dinner or lunch because it’s full of enough flavorful goodness to keep them going all day long.
I love to make a pot of this chicken ranch soup in my Lodge Dutch oven and leave it on the stove to simmer. Then we can all grab a bowl of hot soup whenever we need to, whether we’re running out the door or just coming home.
Calling All Ranch and Bacon Lovers!
The thing that really gives this soup it’s full flavor is the ranch seasoning. You can easily make this at home with your own ingredients, but I prefer to just walk in my pantry where I always have some Lutz’s Ranch Dressing Mix on hand. It’s so convenient to have ranch seasoning at all times to throw into soups, smother on chicken, or whip up for a salad dressing!
Top your soup with crisped bacon, freshly grated cheese, and any other ingredients you like. Your soup is now ready to warm up family and friends all season long!
More Low-Carb Favorite Recipes to Enjoy –
Printable Directions for Making Low-Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup
Low Carb Chicken Bacon Ranch Soup
- 2-3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled, fats reserved
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1-2 tsp. dry ranch dressing mix, we love Lutz's Ranch Dressing, a delicious Kansas-made product
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 2-3 Tbs. diced roasted red peppers, from a jar
- Toppings as desired, such as shredded cheese, sliced black olives, cilantro, sour cream, etc.
- Place the reserved bacon fats into a large sauce pan over medium heat; add the shredded chicken, then stir in dry ranch dressing mix.
- Add the cream cheese to the chicken mixture, stirring until the cream cheese is warm and combines easily with the chicken; add the chicken broth, a little at a time, gently stirring until the ingredients are incorporated and the soup is creamy. Fold in the green chilies and pimentos.
- To serve, garnish the soup with the reserved crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and other toppings as desired. Serve at once.
Please feel free to leave us a comment – we love hearing from our readers and followers! If you don’t hear back from us here, just know we may have somehow missed your comment or question. Do reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com and we will get right back to you.