Easy strawberry dessert recipes….I’m constantly on the look-out for them. Since my family adores nearly all strawberry desserts (including strawberry pie!), I was confident they would give this Farm House Strawberry Crumble a thumbs-up.
Farm House Strawberry Crumble Recipe
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We?? 🙂
Baked fruit desserts are always wonderful when served warm…with loads of vanilla ice cream. And we are fans of nearly any fruit dessert that comes with a baked oatmeal topping since that usually means there will be fruit and it’s juices ooooozing out….am I right?
One of our other favorite oatmeal crumble recipes for summer is Zucchini Oatmeal Crunch. I know, it might sound a bit odd, but trust me!
Nobody will realize that is zucchini in there because the filling tastes like apples, which is what most people think of when they see a dessert with a crumbled oatmeal topping.
And in August/September when you’ve got zucchini from the garden running out of your ears, you’ll be LOVING Zucchini Oatmeal Crunch…I promise.
3 reasons to love this recipe –
- Fresh strawberries and on-hand ingredients are all you need!
- Just 3 steps and your dessert is done.
- Ice cream on top of warm Strawberry Crumble??….Yes, please!
What ingredients do you need to make Farm House Strawberry Crumble?
- Fresh strawberries, may substitute frozen
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Old-fashioned oats (whole oats), may substitute quick oats
- Melted butter
How to Make Farm House Strawberry Crumble in 3 Easy Steps
- Preheat the oven. Place the prepared strawberries into a greased baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crumble ingredients; spread the prepared mixture over the top of the strawberries in the baking dish.
- Bake the strawberry crumble for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on the top and hot and bubbly throughout. Serve warm, loaded with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
Common Questions Asked About This Recipe
Can I used frozen strawberries instead of fresh strawberries in this recipe?
- Absolutely. When fresh strawberries aren’t in season, frozen unsweetened strawberries can be substituted. Make the recipe as directed for using fresh strawberries.
- If you use frozen strawberries that are packed in sugar, just reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe a bit.
Can I substitute other types of fruit in this dessert recipe?
- Yes. We love to substitute peaches (or combine strawberries and peaches together) and I’ve also used blueberries, blackberries, and rhubarb, as well.
Is it okay to substitute quick oats in place of the whole oats?
- Yep. Not a problem. I prefer the texture of the whole oats in the crumble topping, but I’ve used quick oats plenty of times and they work fine.
Why are the strawberries tossed with a cornstarch mixture?
- Sugar and cornstarch are combined to toss with the strawberries to work as a thickener as the fruit bakes.
Can this recipe be made ahead and baked when ready?
- Surely. If you’ve chilled the dessert in the fridge before baking it (which I’d recommend), add 5-10 minutes to the baking time.
Will this easy strawberry dessert freeze well?
- You can freeze this strawberry crumble two ways: unbaked or baked. I like to double the recipe and put one of the unbaked desserts in the freezer. Then when I need a quick dessert, I can pull the strawberry crumble out of the freezer and bake from frozen….soon I have a warm dessert to serve my fam and guests.
- If you bake this strawberry dessert from frozen, add 18-25 minutes to the baking time. Don’t thaw the dessert first – it’s better when baked from frozen.
Would this dessert be good baked in a cast iron skillet instead of a baking dish?
- Such a great question! You sure can and it’s grand. Makes this dessert even more casual and rustic – pure comfort food!
More Dessert Recipes to Enjoy –
- STRAWBERRY LEMON-LAVA ANGEL CAKES
- CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE – THE EASY WAY!
- BERRY-GOOD NO BAKE CAKE
- CREAMY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE DIP
- STRAWBERRY ANGEL DESSERT
- RIDICULOUS CHCOLATE BROWNIES
- FRESH AND EASY STRAWBERRY PIE
Printable Farm House Strawberry Crumble Recipe
Farm House Strawberry Crumble
- 2 lbs. fresh strawberries hulled and halved
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats not quick oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the prepared strawberries in an 8” x 12” baking dish; toss the strawberries with the cornstarch and sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla until blended; evenly spread the prepared mixture over the strawberries.
- Bake, uncovered, on the center rack of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and the strawberry filling is hot bubbly. Serve warm, topped with your favorite vanilla ice cream!
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that are recommended.