I love me some pork tenderloin! This Cuban Pork Tenderloin recipe is one of my faves, especially since I can whip it up in NOTHING FLAT in my Instant Pot. Plus, it’s packed with flavor, tender every time, and a colorful addition to my weekly menu! #instantpot #electricpressurecooking #porktenderloin
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
If you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot band wagon yet, I’d encourage you to do so…..and quickly! This small appliance is a total work-horse and I love how it’s helped me turn my kitchen into a dinner time power house – I can crank out so many meals for my guys in MERE MINUTES now. (Notice how you can make this Cuban Pork Tenderloin Meal in just 15 minutes…..and that’s START to FINISH, people. Woot! Woot!)
7 Solid Reasons You Need an Electric Pressure Cooker (And in case you’re wondering, an electric pressure cooker IS an Instant Pot!)
Easy Recipe Tips for One-Pot Cuban Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans and Rice
1. Why is pork tenderloin so wonderful? It’s super versatile, economical, and uber-easy to cook for your family. I am a huge pork tenderloin fan! Because there’s no bones in a pork tenderloin, you can slice the entire tenderloin into medallions and they are so tender – you can cut them with a fork.
2. What internal temperature is ideal for a pork tenderloin? Great question. Pink pork is perfect and you can NOW safely cook your pork to 145 degrees F. internally. (It used to be 160 degrees F.)
Then, cover your pork with a lid or foil and let it rest for 3 minutes before serving it – just delish, with a tinge of pink. No more gray, funky, chewy pork!!!
3. Don’t have a pork tenderloin on hand? You can use chunks of pork steak or even cut-up chicken breasts for this recipe.
Printable Cuban Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans
and Rice Recipe
One-Pot Cuban Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans and Rice
- 1-2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1-2 Tbs. taco seasoning
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- zest and juice from 1 orange
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine or basmati rice
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
- salsa and sour cream for toppings, as desired
Select sauté setting on Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cooker; add a good drizzle of oil and the taco seasoning to the pot. When the oil is hot, add cubed pork, browning on all sides, working in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pot.
Add broth, orange zest, orange juice, and garlic to pot; stir in beans and rice. Lock Instant Pot lid into place; choose high pressure setting for 5 minutes, bringing the electric pressure cooker to full pressure.
When the timer sounds, perform a natural release for 3 minutes, before performing a quick release to remove all remaining pressure from the electric pressure cooker.
Unlock and remove Instant Pot lid; stir in lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro. Serve pork and rice topped with sour cream and salsa.
**Note: This recipe is also delicious made with chicken instead of pork.
Here are more Instant Pot Favorite Recipes:
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so please leave us a comment if you’d like! And, if you don’t hear back from us very shortly, it could be we didn’t see your comment, so feel free to reach out to us here anytime: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com