Are you craving a bowl of hearty and soul-satisfying vegetable beef soup? If you’ve got an Instant Pot (or any electric pressure cooker) you can be slurping this delicious Speedy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup in mere minutes!
Speedy Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe for the Win!
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
I’m thankful that my family loves a good pot of soup for dinner, and I’d say we enjoy it at least once a week during the winter months (it gets pretty dang cold here in Kansas!). Plus, I’ve found that it’s handy to keep a couple of different soups made up and on hand in my fridge. If your family eats in waves or shifts like mine does sometimes, it’s super easy to just pull my pitcher of soup from the fridge, fill a bowl, and quickly heat it in the microwave for whoever’s hungry.
I’ve also discovered that having a pitcher of soup available in my fridge is a great way to eat something that’s GOOD for me when I suddenly realize I’m starving…..and I need some sustenance, like RIGHT NOW. I often heat up a mug of soup as I’m preparing dinner for my family so I can sip (gulp??) on it as I work. This also helps fill me up and I find I eat less at dinner.
The Secrets of Making a Fast and Hearty Pot of Vegetable Beef Soup
- Incorporate a really good broth.
Because vegetable soups are a “broth-y” type of soup, the stock you use is important. Since I’m always short on time (therefore homemade broth is out of the question!) I use a product called Better Than Bouillon, a seasoned base that you can spoon right from the jar. Not only is it super handy to keep this concentrate on hand, it makes broth that tastes like homemade…..whether I need a mere half cup or a whole gallon. (FYI – Better Than Bouillon is also a wonderful flavor enhancer for sauces and dressings. I’ve used and loved this product for years.)
- Go Big or Go Home
If you’re gonna DO IT, why not do it BIG?? Bring out your biggest stock pot and load that thing up. If you ask me, making a double batch of vegetable soup is just flat SMART; you get to enjoy some right now, as well as some for later. And, if you like to serve bread or rolls with your vegetable soup, now is a good time to double up on that recipe too – bread dough freezes perfectly.
- Freeze Smart – Stack it!
After your soup has fully cooled, ladle it into 1-quart rectangular freezer-safe plastic containers. These are my favorite because they stack so neatly in the freezer, AND it’s really fun to pop those frozen soup “bricks” out of their containers the next day so I can use my Food Saver! Once they are vacuum sealed, labeled, and dated, you just stack ‘em neatly in the freezer for long-term storage.
Here’s An Easy Way to Cut Up Your Potatoes!
After you’ve peeled your potatoes (or use Yukon Gold potatoes and you don’t even NEED to peel), place them onto a cutting board, slicing each potato into 1/2″ thick rounds. Next, cut each potato round into strips that you can then cut into pieces – see the photo below for the visual. Works like a charm.
Other Comfort Food Recipes Your Family Will Enjoy –
- INSTANT POT SAUSAGE BACON AND POTATO SOUP
- INSTANT POT HEARTY RAVIOLI SOUP
- TEX MEX CORN CHOWDER
- SMOKEY CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN CHILI
- CURRIED BUTTERNUT SQUASH BISQUE
- INSTANT POT HAM AND BEAN SOUP
- INSTANT POT JAMBALAYA
- INSTANT POT SAUSAGE BANGERS AND MASHED POTATOES
- BACON CHEESEBURGER TATER TOT CASSEROLE
- BEEF PATTY MELT SLIDERS WITH SECRET SAUACE
Printable Speedy Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe –
Speedy Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups diced tomatoes, with juice
- 4-5 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into small bite-size pieces, no need to peel
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1-2 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley, or substitute 1 tsp. dried parsley
- In the Instant Pot, set to the saute setting, add a bit of olive oil; when the oil is hot, add the ground beef, browning it until the beef is fully cooked and no pink remains; remove the ground beef to a plate; reserve.
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute setting again and add the Italian seasoning, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and bay leaves to the drippings in the pot; saute for a minute or so. Add the chicken broth to the pot, along with the diced tomatoes and juice, potatoes, green beans, and reserved ground beef. Continuing to use the saute setting, bring the soup to a boil.
- Once your soup is boiling, lock the Instant Pot lid into place, then choose the manual setting on High Pressure for 5 minutes, bringing the Instant Pot to full pressure. When the timer sounds, perform a quick release to remove all pressure from the Instant Pot, then remove the lid.
- Stir in the corn, peas, and parsley; season the soup to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at once with thick slices of crusty bread.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]