Healthy Sheet Pan Dinners! If you haven’t experienced them yet, you’re totally missing out. This Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Sheet Pan Meal is a healthy and flavorful recipe for dinnertime success.
Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Sheet Pan Meal Recipe
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? ?
I am always on the look out for a good sheet pan dinner. They are such life savers when you gotta get dinner on the table in a flash. We love Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner – it was a total hit right off the bat.
If you like Asian flavors, give this Saucy Asian Chicken and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal a try. Or, if your family loves seafood, you might find a Low Country Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil to be just the ticket.
A Couple of Great Things to Love About Sheet Pan Meals
- One pan means you’ve got a whole lot less to clean up after dinner.
- You can plunk a sheet pan of food right onto the center of your dinner table and let the family dig right in.
What Ingredients Will I Need to Make a Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Sheet Pan Dinner?
- Any type of fully pre-cooked or cured sausage, such as Kielbasa, smoked sausage, or andouille
- Red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- Dried basil and dried oregano
How to Make a Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Spread the sausage coins, potatoes, and cabbage out over a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the sausage and vegetables with olive oil; toss to coat.
- Season the ingredients with salt and pepper, along with the garlic, basil and oregano.
- Place the sheet pan into the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender and all ingredients are hot throughout.
- Serve at once.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making 5 Star Sheet Pan Dinners
- Does it matter what type of potatoes I use when making sheet pan recipes?
- My family doesn’t like cabbage. Will this sheet pan dinner still be good if I use just sausage and potatoes?
- What type of baking sheet should be used for making sheet pan meal?
I like to use red potatoes for making sheet pan meals because they seem to hold up better than Yukon Gold or russet potatoes; this makes the red potatoes easier to toss and they won’t fall apart when you are doing so.
If your family isn’t a fan of cabbage, you can opt to leave it out of this sheet pan dinner – no problem. IF, however, you can get your family to give this sheet pan meal WITH the cabbage included, they will see that the cabbage totally takes on the other delicious flavors of the dish, making them prominent. The cabbage is truly so good in this meal.
A heavy-duty (or commercial grade) sheet pan is key for promoting even browning when making sheet pans meals. Good browning of all the ingredients is what really contributes to deeper, richer flavors in anything we cook. A heavy-duty sheet pan is worth the investment.
More Favorite Main-Dish Recipes to Enjoy –
- Air Fryer Honey-Glazed Salmon (Just 4 Ingredients!)
- Alma June’s Chicken Crescent Roll Packets
- Beef Patty Melt Sliders with Secret Sauce
- Cheeseburger Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 4 Easy Ways to Make Deliciously Tender Pulled Pork
- Indian Fry-Bread Tacos
- Honey-Thyme Sausage and Veggie Sheet Pan Meal
Printable Directions for Making Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Sheet Pan Meal
Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 lb. Kielbasa or smoked sausage any pre-cooked link sausage will work great, sliced into coins
- 1 lb. red potatoes skin-on, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small head cabbage sliced into rounds and then chopped into large pieces
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty foil; spread the sausage coins, potatoes and cabbage out evenly over the foil.
- Drizzle the sausage and vegetables with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Gently toss all of the ingredients to coat them with the olive oil. Sprinkle the Italian seasonings over the top.
- Place the sheet pan dinner into the oven and bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender and all the ingredients are nicely golden brown. Serve at once.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]