Refreshing Pitcher Mojitos Recipe
Are you ready for the most refreshing cocktail of your life? Enter the Cuban highball, aka the Mojito! This Latin classic has become a wildly popular summer beverage, a blend of sweet and citrus flavors, freshly-muddled mint, and white rum. And with this recipe, you can now make mojitos for a crowd!
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? 🙂
There are two beverages that frequent my house when it’s hot as Haiti outside – Pitcher Mojitos and Pitcher Margaritas. Two of the most refreshing cocktails to beat the heat as the sweat is running from your brow….am I right??
Yep, each of these cocktails are wonderful beverages when made by the glass, but that can be exhausting for the hostess and/or the bartender. Anytime I can make margaritas and mojitos by the pitcher, I’m going to do so!
Once you see how easy it is to make cocktails in this manner, you’ll soon be sharing this technique and recipe with your friends and family, too. They will love you for it.
How to Make Pitcher Mojitos in 3 Easy Steps
- Make a simple syrup of water and sugar in a small saucepan; when hot, add the mint sprigs to steep. When the simple syrup has cooled, remove and toss the mint sprigs.
- In a glass pitcher, combine the limeade, rum, and club soda. Stir in the desired amount of the prepared and cooled mint syrup, adjusting it to your taste as you go.
- Pour the mojitos over tall glasses of ice; garnish with lime slices and fresh mint leaves and serve at once!
Easy Recipe Tips for Making Pitcher Mojitos
Is Rum the only liquor that should be used for making mojitos?
- This is a great question. Traditional Latin mojitos made with white rum as this recipe instructs, are very delicious. However, I never have white rum in my cupboard! Instead, I use Weller’s bourbon whiskey to make my mojitos since that’s what my hubs keeps in the liquor cabinet.
- When it comes to cocktails, the sky is the limit and you can experiment with different liquors, according to your tastes. Vodka is also a liquor that’s used quite often for making mojitos, as well.
I’ve heard people say that if a mojito isn’t made with freshly muddled mint, it’s not a “real” mojito. Is this true?
- I completely agree. An authentic mojito must be made with fresh mint. However, if you’ve ever muddled fresh mint leaves, you know it’s a ton of work. Because I adore mojitos, I had to find a way to make it easier.
- That’s where STEEPING beat out MUDDLING! Instead of muddling the mint essence from the leaves, I decided to coax it out using heat by steeping the mint in the hot simple syrup. I’m so thrilled that it works like a charm!!
So you’re saying I can make authentic Cuban mojitos from scratch without a muddler?
- I sure am! Steeping the mint in the hot simple syrup mixture eliminates the need for using a muddler all together. It’s truly the bomb.
Is it true that some bar tenders actually dislike making mojitos? Why?
Well, as I said above, if you’ve ever muddled mint to make a fresh, authentic mojito, you already know how much work it is. Think about doing that for 8 hours straight, along with adding sugar and lime juice to the mix – the most sticky combination of messy ingredients ever!
Does it matter which type of fresh mint is used for making mojitos?
- There is actually a Mojito Mint available here in the U.S. that originated in Cuba. I’m sure it make a delicious mojito, but I’ve always just used the fresh mint that’s available in my herb bed – peppermint, spearmint, lemon mint, and even chocolate mint.
Where do I find fresh mint?
- If you don’t enjoy growing your own herbs each summer, you can always purchase fresh mint at the grocer. You’ll find it in the produce section, typically sold in individual packages of about 1 oz.
More “Beverage” Recipes to Enjoy –
- Refreshing Pitcher Margaritas
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Moonshine
- Salsa Bloody Mary Cocktails
- Raspberry Lemonade Sangria
- Holiday Sangria
- Skinny Pitcher Margaritas
Other Favorite Summertime Recipes –
- SUMMER BERRY NAPOLEONS WITH HONEY-BAKED WONTON WRAPPERS
- CRUNCHY FRITO CORN SALAD
- SHEET PAN SHRIMP BOIL
- HOW TO MAKE TENDER AND JUICY SMOKED BEEF TRI TIP
- CUBAN STREET CORN WITH PARMESAN AND LIME
- WATERMELON DESSERT PIZZA
- NICE AND SPICY BACON JALAPENO DEVILED EGGS
Printable Directions for Making Refreshing Pitcher Mojitos
How to Make Refreshing Pitcher Mojitos
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8-10 fresh mint sprigs, approx. 1 oz.
- 12 oz. can limeade concentrate
- 1 1/2 cups white rum
- 3-4 cups club soda
- Sliced limes and mint leaves, for garnishing
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and the water to make a simple syrup, bringing it to a high simmer. Add the sprigs of mint, then turn off the heat, letting the mint steep until the simple syrup has cooled; remove the mint and discard.
- In a glass pitcher, combine the limeade concentrate, rum and club soda; add the prepared mint-infused simple syrup, as desired, a little at a time, tasting as you go until the cocktail reaches the perfect blend for your tastes.
- Serve the mojitos at once over tall glasses of ice, garnished with slices of lime and fresh mint leaves.
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com.