Now you can make at-home skinny margaritas from scratch! Skinny Margaritas can be made all in one big batch, right in your favorite pitcher. A low-calorie version of a regular margarita, a skinny margarita is made using fresh orange juice, fresh lime juice, and agave nectar with tequila.
Skinny Pitcher Margaritas Recipe
Fresh ingredients make the best margaritas – skinny or not. Since we are big fans, we enjoy margaritas year round as our “beverage” of choice.
Because on-the-rocks margaritas don’t involve a blender, they mix together quickly in a pitcher – I love that! This makes it super easy for serving my guests.
We enjoy making cocktails in a big batch so we can just pour them from a pitcher instead of having to make each one individually in a cocktail shaker.
Refreshing Pitcher Margaritas are a favorite cocktails that we often make for friends and family. These margaritas have a secret ingredient – amaretto!
Another favorite at our house when the temperatures soar are Pitcher Mojitos, a cool Cuban cocktail made with rum and fresh mint.
What to Love About This Recipe –
- Skinny margaritas won’t wreck your healthy eating plan.
- These margaritas hit the spot – perfect for your weekend.
- No more having to make margaritas one-by-one.
What Ingredients WilI I Need to Make Skinny Margaritas?
- Kosher salt
- Lime zest and lime juice
- Orange zest, optional
- Ice cubes
- Orange juice
- Agave nectar
Helpful Tips for Making Big Batch Skinny Margaritas From Scratch –
- Don’t skip the lime zest in this recipe! Nearly any type of citrus zest is a very powerful ingredient, just as the lime zest in this cocktail recipe.
The zest of citrus (lemons, limes, oranges, as an example) is more powerful than the actual juice – so be sure you don’t skip it, even if the recipes calls for just a tiny amount – it’s worth it.
Plus, not only does the lime zest look beautiful when combined with the salt on the rim of the glasses, it gives a really vibrant flavor to the margaritas.
Use a citrus zester for removing the zest from the limes – this makes the job effortless! If you enjoy Asian foods, you can also use your citrus zester to zest fresh ginger root.
- A great way to stretch a margarita is to add club soda, turning it into a margarita spritzer. Club soda is a calorie free, carbonated beverage that is flavorless – it takes on the flavor of whatever you add it to. I often add club soda to a glass of wine in the summer to make a wine spritzer.
- If you can’t find agave nectar in the aisle where the honey is located at your grocer, search their health market – it is sometimes considered a specialty ingredient.
Agave nectar is a concentrated syrup that comes from the juice of the agave plant which is also where tequila comes from. This is what makes agave nectar pair so well with margaritas.
Agave nectar is a bit sweeter than sugar, a bit similar to the taste of honey, yet not!
- Stir in a teeny tiny pinch of salt to your pitcher margaritas – this mellows any bitterness in the cocktail ingredients and also enhances the flavors of citrus. And, yes, I said to put it INTO the margaritas…but just a tiny pinch.
- I find margaritas (or any cocktail to tell the truth) are best when served in glass ware since it gets really cold when adding the ice for the cocktail. And, kosher salt sticks better to the rim of glassware much better than a plastic cup.
How to Make Low-Calorie Pitcher Margaritas in 3 Easy Steps
- Zest a lime and combine the zest with the salt; place this mixture onto a plate.
- Rub a lime wedge around the edges of each cocktail glass, then dip each one lightly in the salt/lime mixture.
- In a pitcher, combine the lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and agave nectar; pour over the ice cubes in each glass, then garnish with a slice of lime and serve at once.
Favorite Recipes That are Delicious Served with Margaritas –
- Chili Cheese Tamale Dip
- Beefy Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- Indian Fry-Bread Tacos
- Mexican Cheese Bread
- Twisted Mexican Hot Tots
- Chunky Chicken Burrito Skillet
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Printable Skinny Pitcher Margaritas Recipe
Skinny Pitcher Margaritas
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- zest of 1 lime
- zest of 1 orange optional
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 lime cut into slices
- ice cubes
- 2 cups fresh lime juice approx. the juice from 8 limes
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/3 cup of your favorite good tequila
- 3 Tbs. agave nectar or to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the kosher salt with the lime zest (and orange zest if using); place this salt mixture onto a plate.
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each of the 8-oz. glasses, then dip each one in the lime/salt mixture; fill the prepared glasses with ice.
- In a pitcher, add the fresh lime juice, orange juice, tequila and agave nectar; stir to combine.
- Pour the margaritas into the prepared glasses and garnish each one with a slice of lime.
Thanks for visiting! Please return soon to gather more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.