Here’s how to make the Best Cinnamon Roll Frosting in 5 minutes with four staple ingredients from your pantry.
You’ll want to slather this creamy icing over warm cinnamon rolls right from the oven to ooze into every nook and cranny.
CREAMY CINNAMON ROLL ICING RECIPE
Around here, cinnamon rolls are a given. My guys want them year-round so I try to accommodate them!
There’s probably nothing better in this life than a warm, tender cinnamon roll with a lot of creamy, fluffy frosting!
Such a delicious, simple pleasure….especially if you add a good cup of hot coffee. 🙂
My favorite recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls is ready in just over an hour, from start to finish! Everybody loves that recipe because it’s simple and easy.
And, of course, we are fanatical fans of the viral TikTok cinnamon rolls, as well. These canned cinnamon rolls turn out when you use this whipping cream hack. Wow.
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Salt, optional
- Adding a pinch of salt to the frosting greatly enhances the flavors of the other ingredients, giving them depth and balance. You won’t necessarily taste the salt!
- If you don’t have time to let the butter soften at room temperature, soften it by using the defrost setting on the microwave for just a few seconds. I usually start with 5-10 seconds and go from there.
- Since this recipe makes enough for one pan of cinnamon rolls, you can easily stir it together by hand.
- You can easily double (even triple!) the frosting recipe to have extra in your freezer. Freeze it in a quart freezer bag. It makes applying the frosting super easy since you can cut off one corner of the bag and squeeze it right out.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON ROLL FROSTING
Add powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt in a large mixing bowl. On the lowest setting, use the electric mixer to combine the ingredients.
Add the milk a little at a time as needed, beating on a higher speed with the mixer until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
Spread over warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy.
MORE FAVORITE RECIPES
HOMEMADE JUMBO CINNAMON ROLLS – Sink your teeth into these Homemade Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls made with soft, pillowy dough swirled with a rich cinnamon-sugar filling, all topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting. With their melt-in-your-mouth texture and irresistible sweetness, these ooey gooey cinnamon rolls are the epitome of indulgence.
EASY ORANGE BREAKFAST CRESCENTS – Are you looking for an easy breakfast crescent roll recipes? These Easy Orange Breakfast Crescent Rolls are simple to make and will be the best breakfast crescent roll idea for any breakfast or brunch! They are the perfect spin on Pillsbury orange Danish and can easily be made into orange cinnamon rolls. My family begs for these all of the time.
FARM HOUSE HAM AND CHEESE ROLLS – Are you a cinnamon roll fan? We are! Well, here’s that same basic dough turned into a soft and tender SAVORY roll – Farm House Ham and Cheese Rolls. Deli ham and shredded cheese are nestled into a creamy spread on top of the dough, then rolled up, sliced, and baked into a buttery favorite.
CHERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH – Here’s a super easy homemade breakfast pastry your family will do handstands for – Cherry Cream Cheese Danish! You are just 5 ingredients away from a delightful treat that you can have ready in less than 30 minutes, start to finish.
Cinnamon Roll Frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbs. milk
- Pinch of kosher salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. On the lowest setting, use the electric mixer to combine the ingredients.
- Add the milk a little at a time, as needed, beating on a higher speed with the mixer until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Spread over warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy.