I totally ADORE corn salad, especially Crunchy Corn Salad with Fritos! In my opinion, all corn salad is delicious in every sort of way – so refreshing during those hot summer months. Crunchy Corn Salad has a cool, creamy dressing that compliments both the corn and the veggies, as well as the crunchy Fritos – downright yummy.
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.
What’s so great about Crunchy Corn Salad? Lots of things! It’s quick and easy to make, I usually have most of the ingredients on hand already, my family loves it, and it’s super refreshing in the summer when the days are scorching hot. Plus, it makes a great potluck dish.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making Crunchy Corn Salad with Fritos
- Will the Fritos get soggy in this salad? Yes, eventually they will. I recommend adding the Fritos as you go. I keep a bag of them on top of my bowl of Crunchy Corn Salad in the fridge so we can remember to stir them into individual servings as we grab and go. Or, if I know my crowd is probably going to eat the entire bowl, I just stir the Fritos in right when I serve the salad.
- What if I don’t have shoepeg corn on hand? No worries. You can actually use any type of corn that you prefer. I love the shoepeg corn because it’s so nice and tender. But sometimes when I’m out of canned shoepeg corn in my pantry, I use frozen sweet corn. I’ve even used canned Mexi corn in this recipe – it’s delicious.
Printable Recipe for Crunchy Corn Salad – Just Print and Go!
Crunchy Corn Salad
- 2 cans shoe peg corn, well drained (or 2 cups of corn cut right off the cob!)
- 3-4 ribs celery, diced
- 1 sweet bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, diced (I like a red or orange one best)
- 6 green onions, chopped, green and white parts both
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups Chili Cheese Fritos, broken a bit
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, I prefer sharp Cheddar
- 1/3 cup Hellman's mayo
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a large mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients; add vegetables and cheese. Toss to coat all ingredients. Just before serving, add Fritos to salad.
Other Favorite Corn Salad Recipes:
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. And, if you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: ChefAlli@ChefAlli.com
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
This recipe was happily shared on Southern Bite’s Meal Plan Monday and Country Cook’s Weekend Potluck.