I totally ADORE corn salad, and I’ve got lots of corn salad recipes, all just a bit different and all simply delicious. But then came THIS corn salad, leaving me wondering why in the world I never thought to throw in a handful of spicy corn chips??? Good grief. And don’t think I’m exaggerating here….it’s downright yummy.
Crunchy Corn Salad
- 2 cans shoe peg corn well drained (or 2 cups of corn cut right off the cob!)
- 3-4 ribs celery diced
- 1 sweet bell pepper seeds and membranes removed, diced (I like a red or orange one best)
- 6 green onions chopped, green and white parts both
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups Chili Cheese Fritos broken a bit
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Hellman's mayo
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a large mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients; add vegetables and cheese. Toss to coat all ingredients. Just before serving, add Fritos to salad.