Are you a fan of smoked sausage (or polish sausage) with sweet potatoes and vegetables? If so, this 30-minute healthy sheet pan recipe is for you! Honey-Thyme Sausage and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner is easy and quick to make, and clean up is super minimal.
Howdy! Chef Alli Here. Let’s Get You Cookin’….Shall We? ?
I am the biggest fan in the land when it comes to sheet pan meals! I call them “one and done” dinners that save time, make meal clean-up easier, and there are no fancy ingredients needed.
Sheet pan meals are roasted at a high temperature which causes the ingredients to caramelize, becoming richer and deeper in flavor. Most sheet pan dinners feature a protein of choice with assorted vegetables, spices, and oil.
We enjoy seafood so I like to make the Low Country Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil for my family, especially in the summer when we can eat this meal outdoors.
And, because I try to stock up on pork tenderloins when they go on sale, I make Roast Pork Tenderloin as a sheet pan meal often, too. I love to cook pork tenderloin and since it doesn’t have any bones, it’s a great value and roasts really quickly.
If your family loves quesadillas but you hate having to make them one or two at a time, check out Beefy Sheet Pan Quesadillas. Making quesadillas in a sheet pan lets you make several all at one time – life changing!
What to Love About This Recipe –
- One and done! Dinner has never been so fast and slick.
- Sheet pan meals are beautiful and easy.
- You can vary the ingredients any way you please – there’s no wrong way to make a sheet pan meal.
What Ingredients Will I Need to Make This Sheet Pan Dinner?
- Kielbasa sausage (or any cooked sausage, such as a smoked sausage or andouille sausage)
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter
- Honey or agave nectar
- Brown sugar
- Spicy brown mustard
- Dried thyme leaves
How to Make Honey-Thyme Sausage and Veggie Sheet Pan Meal in 5 Easy Steps
- Make the honey-thyme dressing; reserve 2 tablespoons.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil; spread out over a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Toss the broccoli with olive oil and Parmesan, then add to the roasted veggies on the sheet pan.
- Add the sausage to the veggies on the sheet pan; brush the sausage coins with the prepared honey-thyme dressing, then roast everything for 10 minutes longer.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of the honey-thyme dressing over all and serve at once.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making Sheet Pan Meals –
- Does it matter what type of baking sheet I use for making sheet pan dinners?
Use a nice, heavy baking sheet with a rimmed edge for making sheet pan dinners. The rimmed edge keeps the everything contained (instead of all over the floor!) and a heavy-duty baking sheet also makes the ingredients cook quickly and helps to caramelize them, too.
- What’s the best way to serve a sheet pan meal?
Another great thing about sheet pan dinners is how easy they are to serve. I usually take my straight from the oven to the center of my dinner table. I add a couple of servings spoon and then let my family serve themselves. Just add some bread and butter and you’ve got dinner done.
- Can I make sheet pan meals ahead of time and bake them when we are ready to eat?
You can definitely assemble sheet pan meals ahead of time, then bake them when you are ready to cook dinner. I’ve assembled my sheet pan meals up to 8 hours in advance, covering them with foil until I’m ready to bake.
- I’m a bit confused about all the different sausages that are available at the grocery store. How do I know which kind to buy for this recipe?
This is a great question. In this recipe, you’ll see that the sausage and broccoli are added to the sheet pan dinner as part of the last step and cook for just 10 minutes. That’s because the sausage this recipe calls for is pre-cooked; if you were using raw sausages, you’d have to cook the sausage much longer.
Where will I find the pre-cooked sausages at the grocery store?
Typically at most grocery stores, you will find pre-cooked sausage near the lunch meats and hot dogs (both of which are pre-cooked as well, of course). You will be looking for the sausages called polish sausage, kielbasa sausage, smoked sausage, andouille sausage, etc, and most of these will be packaged in cryovac. If you read the fine print, you will see that it does say on the package that these types of sausages are fully cooked.
However, if you go to the meat department where sausages are sold, you’ll easily be able to tell that the sausages here are raw, uncooked meat – definitely not what you want for a quick-cooking sheet pan recipe like this.
More Favorite Sheet Pan Recipes to Enjoy –
- SAUSAGE, APPLE AND ROSEMARY SHEET PAN DINNER
- SAUCY ASIAN CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI SHEET PAN MEAL
- SHEET PAN FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- POTATO, CABBAGE AND SAUSAGE SHEET PAN DINNER
- BAJA FISH TACOS WITH HONEY-LIME SWEET POTATO HASH
- CRISPY PARMESAN CHICKEN SHEET PAN MEAL
Printable Sausage and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner with Honey-Thyme Dressing Recipe
Honey-Thyme Sausage and Veggie Sheet Pan Meal
- 2 Tbs. butter melted
- 2 Tbs. honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 1 Tbs. spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables
- 1 lb. Kielbasa, andouille or smoked sausage (any fully cooked sausage works fine in this recipe) cut into 1-inch thick coins
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided use
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 6-8 small yellow or red potatoes skin-on, cut into to 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 head fresh broccoli cut into bite-size florets
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl whisk the honey-thyme dressing ingredients together; reserve 2 Tbs. for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 Tbs. olive oil, then spread them over a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast the potatoes, uncovered for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, toss the broccoli with 1 Tbs. olive oil and the Parmesan cheese in the mixing bowl you used for the potatoes.
- Add the broccoli and sausage coins to the potatoes on the sheet pan; generously brush the sausage with the prepared honey-thyme dressing; roast the sheet pan meal for another 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is a beautiful, bright green and fork-tender.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, drizzling the remaining honey-thyme dressing over all. Serve at once!
Thanks for visiting! I hope you return soon for more yummy recipes for your family.
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment if you’d like. If you don’t hear back from us shortly, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach out to us by email: [email protected]
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.