If you’re looking for a breakfast casserole recipe that the whole family will love, look no further! Tater tots are the star of this Chipotle-Ranch Tator Tot Breakfast Casserole. Loaded with bacon, sausage, and cheese, this is a great flavor-filled make-ahead recipe for any day of the week. #tatertotcasserole #breakfastrecipes #casserole
Tater Tot Casserole for the Win!
Doesn’t everybody love Tater Tots? Especially when combined with bacon, sausage, eggs and cheese? This breakfast casserole recipe is a KEEPER! I love the way the frozen tater tots bring texture and heartiness to this casserole (without having to cook anything). Then you stir in your favorite sausage and bacon, pour the eggs and cheese over the top, bake and… TA-DA! Breakfast is done.
Please Note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves!
One thing my family loved was the flavor of the Lutz’s Ranch Chipotle Dressing mix that I added. It gives the casserole a nice kick and adds some extra flavor that you won’t get from eggs and meat alone. This recipe could easily be made healthier or low-carb with chopped bell peppers, turkey sausage or turkey bacon in place of the regular, and you could even try the new cauliflower tots!
Make Now, Bake Later
Here’s what I really love: This recipe is a perfect make-ahead breakfast option. Simply pre-cook all of your meats and store them in airtight containers in the fridge or freezer. When you’re ready for a casserole, combine your cold ingredients, whip up your egg mixture, and bake for 45 minutes.
Don’t love chipotle? Then maybe Jan’s Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole is more your speed. Or try the tater tot recipe with just ranch seasoning. Either way, there are no more excuses for eating cereal for breakfast!
Other Breakfast Recipes to Enjoy –
Printable Recipe for Chipotle Ranch Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Chipotle-Ranch Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb. center-cut bacon, cooked until crispy, chopped
- 12 - 16 oz. sausage links, cooked and sliced into fat coins
- 32 oz. bag frozen tater tots
- 2 Tbs. Lutz’s Ranch Chipotle Dressing Mix
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tater tots, chopped bacon, sausage coins, and 1 3/4 cups cheese; place this mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Using the same mixing bowl, beat eggs, dressing mix, and milk together, then pour over the tater tot mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, on the center rack for 45-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over casserole and let it melt. Serve at once.
Please feel free to leave us a comment – we love hearing from our readers and followers! If you don’t hear back from us here, just know we may have somehow missed your comment or question. Do reach out to us by email: [email protected]. We will get right back to you.