Red White and Boom! Ice Cream Brownie Pie is so fun, it should be illegal! A delicious brownie base is piled high with Neapolitan ice cream, hot fudge topping, berries, bananas, whipped cream and, of course, sprinkles! Your guests are sure to be cheering (loudly!) for this easy, decadent creation.
Red White and Boom! Ice Cream Brownie Pie Recipe
Yep, this dessert should be illegal – it’s fun to make, fun to assemble, and most of all it’s fun to eat because your guests get so excited as they watch you add the finishing touches – I swear all you need is a sizzling firecracker to stick right into the center before you serve it up.
This frozen dessert might be a bit challenging to slice into wedges, but it’s completely and totally worth it! Bring on the Red White and Boom! Ice Cream Brownie Pie.
Let’s Talk Ingredients and Tools
Brownies. My favorite brownie mix is the Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix, and I prefer to make the recipe for a fudge-y brownie instead of a cake brownie. The brownie base creates the foundational layer of this dessert, so it’s a big deal. 🙂
Neapolitan Ice Cream. I’ve never been a huge fan of Neapolitan ice cream…..until I made this dessert! Talk about a game-changer – now I love the stuff. You can actually use any flavor of ice cream you’d like to make the Red White and Boom! Ice Cream Brownie Pie, but I do recommend the Neapolitan flavors – the chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry come together in a magical way in this dessert, especially since they are smothered in warm, hot fudge…..need I say more???
Hot fudge topping. Warm this in the jar just a bit so that it pours out a little easier. Be sure not to get the fudge topping too hot, or it melts your ice cream quicker than you can say scat! Melty ice cream also makes your job of cutting this dessert a bit more difficult, fyi.
The fruit: blueberries, strawberries, bananas. Such a lovely combination of fruit with the Neapolitan ice cream – it’s very banana-split like and just delish. Here’s another place you can totally customize this recipe to your liking. The addition of a bit of crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits as a garnish might just be a grand idea!
Whipped topping and sprinkles. Try to control yourself. Nobody wants to have to call the cops on you.
What tools do you need for making this dessert? A 9-inch spring form pan is a must….plus some sort of platter for when you get ready to decorate and serve this Red White and Boom! Ice Cream Brownie Pie. And, yes, a spring form pan is the same thing as a cheesecake pan, so you may already have one in your cupboard.
Easy Recipe Tips for Making This Fun Frozen Dessert
- Can I use any flavor of ice cream when I make this dessert? You sure can, and that’s why a recipe is born – so you can customize it to YOUR specifics! Just think of all the yummy flavor combinations you can come up with for this dessert just by changing up the ice cream and the toppings a bit – super fun.
- What’s the best way to make the ice cream balls? Glad you asked! I find it’s easiest to use rock-hard ice cream, with an ice cream scoop that’s been sitting in hot water for a minute or so. That hot ice cream scoop makes short work of scooping up super frozen ice cream and the ice cream balls look like a pro came in and made them for you. 🙂
- How far in advance can I make this ice cream dessert? Also, how long will it keep in the freezer? Good questions. I’ve made this ice cream brownie pie up to a week ahead with no troubles, and I’ve also kept the leftovers (tightly wrapped in foil) in my freezer for a couple of weeks and they were still delicious.
Other Fun Desserts to Enjoy –
- Crumbled Butter Brickle Ice Cream Dessert – A crunchy crumble topping, butterscotch, and vanilla ice cream come together to create a wonderful summer time treat.
- Watermelon Dessert Pizza – This easy, low-carb treat is a breeze to make and looks so refreshing when you add the berries and mint. When hot days call for a refreshing, cool and healthy dessert, you’ll have the perfect solution.
- White Chocolate Strawberry Poke Cake – Even the name sounds dreamy, creamy, and chill! This is the perfect strawberry cake for the long, hot days of summer.
Printable Red White and Boom! Ice Cream Brownie Pie Recipe
Red White and Boom! Ice Cream Brownie Pie
- 1 family-size Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 quart Neapolitan ice cream
- 1 cup hot fudge topping, warmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- whipped cream
- seasonal holiday sprinkles optional
- Pour the prepared brownie mix into a greased 9" spring form pan; bake according to the package directions. Cool the brownies completely, then place into the freezer and freeze solid, 3-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, scoop out 10 balls of the ice cream (1/3 - 1/2 cup each), placing each one onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet; place the baking sheet into the freezer until ice cream balls are frozen solid, 1-2 hours at least.
- Once the brownie base and the ice cream balls are firmly frozen solid individually, place the ice cream balls on top of the brownie base, keeping everything in the spring form pan. Place the balls around the edge of the brownies, as close as you can get them, then fill in the center. Cover the pan with foil, then return the brownies and ice cream to the freezer for another 2-3 hours, at a minimum.
- To serve, remove the outer ring of the spring form pan, placing the dessert onto a platter. Pour the warm fudge topping over the ice cream, then top the ice cream with the berries and bananas. Decorate with whipped cream, then add the sprinkles, as desired. Slice into wedges and serve at once!
We love hearing from our readers and followers, so leave us a comment here if you’d like. If you don’t hear right back from us, know that we may not have seen your comment. Feel free to reach us by email: [email protected].
Let’s Get You Cookin’,
Please Note: We do use referral and affiliate links here for products and services that Chef Alli loves and recommends.