Are you looking for an easy taco pie recipe? Nope, not the taco pie made with crescent rolls, though that is quite delish….unless you’re trying to eat low carb. This Low-Carb Crustless Tex-Mexican Taco Pie is a family-favorite ground beef recipe.
Low-Carb Crustless Tex-Mexican Taco Pie Recipe
Howdy! Let’s Get You Cookin’…..Shall We?? 🙂
My family loves foods with a Mexican twist. They know what to expect from the flavors, so they’re just more comfortable eating the Tex-Mex style dishes.
Sometimes the men in my life are a bit leery the first time I try a dish like this. They wonder if I’ve tried to leave out the meat or hide extra vegetables. That’s not the case at all with this recipe. This easy taco pie is a real winner and a hearty dish!
What to Love About This Taco Bake Recipe –
- It’s low-carb luscious.
- It’s quick and easy comfort food.
- Who doesn’t love taco pie??
How to Make Crustless Taco Pie in 4 Easy Steps
- Cook the ground beef until it’s fully cooked; drain any fats, then stir in the taco seasoning.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream, then stir in scallions, salsa, olives, and cheese; add the reserve taco meat and combine.
- Pour the prepared filling into a greased deep dish pie pan then sprinkle with cheese; bake in preheated a 350 degree F. oven for 40-45 minutes or until cooked throughout and set at the center.
- Cool 5 minutes, then slice and serve, garnished with your favorite taco toppings.
What Basic Ingredients Will You Need to Make Tex-Mex Taco Pie? Just 6!
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Scallions, optional
- Black olives, optional
- Your favorite Mexican food toppings
Recipe Tips for Making Low-Carb Crustless Tex-Mex Taco Pie –
- Can other types of ground meat be used in place of the ground beef?
- Can I make this taco pie ahead of time and bake it later?
- Does this taco pie freeze well?
Any type of ground meat can be used in this taco pie – I often use ground venison, but you could certainly use ground bison, chicken, or turkey.
This taco pie can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. When you are ready to bake, remove the taco pie from the fridge at least 30 minutes ahead to remove some of the chill.
You will probably need to bake the taco pie a bit longer, too, approx. 10-15 minutes. (Or until a knife inserted into the center of the taco pie comes out clean.)
This taco pie freezes well once it has baked and cooled. To freeze, wrap the taco pie very well in heavy-duty aluminum foil and place into the freezer.
To bake, thaw in the fridge, then reheat in a 300 degree oven, uncovered, until hot throughout. Slice and serve. Or, once the taco has thawed, slice into wedges and reheat each one in the microwave. Top with your favorite toppings and serve.
More Favorite Fiesta Recipes to Enjoy –
Printable Recipe for Low-Carb Crustless Tex-Mexican Taco Pie
Low-Carb Crustless Tex-Mexican Taco Pie
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 Tbs. taco seasoning
- 4 scallions, green parts only, sliced
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Alma Creamery Longhorn Co-Jack Cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9" pie pan with non-stick spray. Meanwhile, preheat a large greased skillet over medium high heat; when the skillet is nicely hot, add the ground beef, crumbling it with a spatula as it cooks, stirring often until the beef is browned and no pink remains. Drain all fats from skillet; stir in the taco seasoning; reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together with heavy cream. Stir in the scallions, salsa, olives, 1 cup of the cheese, and the salt and pepper; stir in the reserved taco meat. Pour this mixture into the prepared pie pan, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the taco pie is set st the center. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
Please feel free to leave us a comment – we love hearing from our readers and followers and appreciate your feedback. If you don’t hear back from us here shortly, just know we may have missed your comment. You can also reach us here: [email protected]
Let’s Get Cookin’,
Please note: We do use referral links for products and services that Chef Alli loves.